What do you want to see in 2.1?

For what purpose?
Cross-board SSO for networks which host multiple forums, partner networks and stuff like that I guess. Right now you would have to use the same login (Google, Facebook, Email, whatever) + manually sync your data to achieve that.

I'm new to XF so maybe this exists or maybe someone has mentioned it, but it would be a nice addition if users could filter alerts by type: notices from mods, @mentions, watched threads, quoted posts, and likes.

when ignore member, option to ignored not able to contact you over private conversation or message, also when ignore member, option to ignore all they activities in forum, also separated into page 2, page 3 etc for ignored member.

It's already available from the member profile since XF 2.0:

Did you mean shared IP analysis or just the ability to view IP address history?

We've been using (a subset of) evercookies for this purpose for a long time (to catch users using multiple accounts), which is far more robust and less prone to false positives. Of course we also look at shared IP addresses, but it's really impossible to make a call on a ban when it could be two people using the same ISP. A shared evercookie, well, then it's into "oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, that guy is my friend and he used my computer one time" territory. If this isn't something planned for XF in the near future, when I migrate to XF2 I might recode this solution an an add-on, if others are interested. For us catching fake duplicate accounts is a high priority for the health of the community.

I'd highly appreciate a way to quickly see which users have shared IP addresses in a complete list instead of having to find out if users are sharing IP addresses on a user by user basis from their profile. Some form of ACP "Shared IP addresses" list. If we can get some additional optional measures to detect multi-accounts more easily, that'd also be appreciated.

I would like to see an attachment image widget for the forum.

To show last or more images, from one or more forums, linking to attachment post.
Random, most liked post attachment image would also be nice.

Other widgets for helping to find intresting content would also be nice.

It would be nice to see a new editor which has a working spell checker. It appears Froala is not able to make the spell check work properly and I think a spell check is a basic function which has to work correctly in a forum software.

It would be nice to see a new editor which has a working spell checker.

Spell checking is working just fine for me with the Froala editor.

yLgdg2z.png

It would be nice to see a new editor which has a working spell checker. It appears Froala is not able to make the spell check work properly and I think a spell check is a basic function which has to work correctly in a forum software.

Spell check is a browser function, what browser are you using? It seems to work fine for me in Chrome and Safari as well

Last edited:
It's a bit temperamental in Firefox but Froala say that it's down to Firefox itself. I'm not sure where the issue truly lies, but it does seem to be predominantly Firefox.

Andy, you might be interested in a browser extension, such as Grammarly, which will override the default Firefox spell checker.

I'd like there to be a notification in the Moderator queue for a new user that hasn't validated their e-mail yet. Every now and then, I will go into my ACP and view the amount of members, and that number will sometimes be out of sync from the amount of members listed in the forum stats (because of users awaiting e-mail confirmation). Right now, there is no way of knowing (unless I'm missing something) if someone didn't validate their e-mail, unless you go into the ACP. Whenever I notice the discrepancy in the amount of members, I either validate it for them, or send them a reminder e-mail.

I'd like there to be a notification in the Moderator queue for a new user that hasn't validated their e-mail yet. Every now and then, I will go into my ACP and view the amount of members, and that number will sometimes be out of sync from the amount of members listed in the forum stats (because of users awaiting e-mail confirmation). Right now, there is no way of knowing (unless I'm missing something) if someone didn't validate their e-mail, unless you go into the ACP. Whenever I notice the discrepancy in the amount of members, I either validate it for them, or send them a reminder e-mail.
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...irmation-and-delete-unvalidated-users.147807/

Win Euromillions Lottery

The US biggie is at something like US$1.5 Billion, or there abouts as of the tame and date of this post. I've never bought a lottery ticket but I'm sorely tempted right now. They're only US$2 per ticket with a 1 in 300,000,000 (approximately) chance of winning (about the population of the US).

Top Bottom