What do you want to see in 2.1?

I might wait another year to see how Xenforo progress, it seems many things are needed before it becomes a somewhat complete package other then just another forum software but works better and faster.

I might wait another year to see how Xenforo progress, it seems many things are needed before it becomes a somewhat complete package other then just another forum software but works better and faster.

I hit the limit that can be done with pretty much any forum software, so we're now building our own site platform to move features on to, including profiles.

Push notifications
API (so that proper mobile apps can be developed, and integrate XF with other platforms)

Yeah... Really wish there was a proper API, would make life much easier when integrating into other services.

IP addresses on member profile pages, please!

We don't moderate every member who joins, but instead allow the anti-spam tools to catch most of the spam sign-ups. BUT if a suspicious member does join without posting, the only way we can check their IP address is by actually going into the AdminCP and check IP addresses in their profile.

For us, Asian IP's are a giveaway that it's a spam profile, so we'd like to be able to find these without having to click, click, login, click, click through just to check this. :)

It's already available from the member profile since XF 2.0:

1531420636844.webp

I'd like some kind of add on management system. Potentially with notifications of updates and one click updating from the forums ACP, similar to Wordpress.
This is something I'd love to see. For paid add-ons I'd expect the need for some sort of API schematic, API key fields for add-ons and (separate) endpoints developers need to implement for update checking compliant with some common specification. It'd need to be secure to prevent unauthorised use and whatnot, but it's definitely something that could be implemented reasonably by developers.

I think it'd be really useful and UI friendly though. The add-on install/update process has become far more simple in XF2 regardless, and upgrading is a lot faster, but with a lot of different developers and sites it can still be annoying to keep your add-ons up to date. This would be a quick way to ensure users can always keep themselves on the latest versions, with the latest features and bug fixes. Not sure if it's worth it though, since it'd probably take a fair bit of work.

Definitely worth it IMO. I'd blow my brains out if I had to manually update all the plugins on multiple wordpress sites.

I'm sure it would be a god send to XF admins running 50 and 100+ plugins. Not to mention helpful to the devs so they're not having to troubleshoot users using old versions of their plugins.

I would love to see:

- Show Moderators of each forum
- Advanced BBcode permissions (select groups that can use the custom BBcodes)
- Settings to controls the editor Fonts family, Font size, and Font color
- Edit history for threads title
- Edit history for conversation messages
- Improve the like system to allow more than giving just a thumbs up 👍 (something like or better than IPB or FB like system)
- Improve the advertising system (like adding option to eliminate ads from showing in selected forums etc.)

Cheers.

Which I hope to see

Basic things

- Find out why a post or topic has been modified (Write reason if modified)

- Show the number of visitors to the forum sections

- Show who is watching the topic now

- Show who read the topic, any member who read the subject, write his name under the subject

- Add a thread rating as in ...

- Separation of fixed subjects from regular

- Counter who visited the profile of the member

And much ....

I don‘t really see the possibility of an official mobile app. When you look at the extensibility of xf2, this goes straight out of the window. 😜

The responsive style for xf2 is very good and does a good job on mobile devices. Improving on performance optimization would be a nice thing for 2.1.

But I would really, really, really love to have an api for 2.1. 😁😇

Top Bottom