What do you use 'Like' for?

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
The Like button is an interesting beast, as the simple action of 'Liking' something can have so many different meanings.

Personally, I use it to mean one or several of the following:
  • I like this post
  • Thanks for saying this
  • I agree with this post
There are probably a few others I use, but I'm interested to see what other interpretations there are among us.

The Like button is an interesting beast, as the simple action of 'Liking' something can have so many different meanings.

• I like this post
  • Thanks for saying this
  • I agree with this post
There are probably a few others I use, but I'm interested to see what other interpretations there are among us.

Almost the same.

It's a nice tool to use whenever you like or agree with a post but doesn't have anything else to say.
I prefer to not overuse it though. If you click like on every other post it kinda loose its value imho.

Must admit that I haven't used it all so far, which is to underuse it so I really should get started. :)

/SK

This is what Jim Carey had to say when I interviewed him regarding the "Like" system.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If I see a positive post that isn't worth replying to with a "I like that", I like it.
And if it helps the mood of the thread, or it is above and beyond in quality, I like it.
If I like it .. I like it.
I like to believe that it helps improve the reputation of a person if their content is positive and good, and they get rewarded for it with a like.

• I like this post
  • Thanks for saying this
  • I agree with this post

same here ... :)

Another thing I use "like" (and vBulletin's "thanks") for is:
- Saying "you're welcome"

When someone makes a post to thank me, I'll click like/thanks to say "you're welcome". Or "thanks for thanking" if that makes sense lol.

• I like this post
  • Thanks for saying this
  • I agree with this post
AND to push the counter from Kier :)
I agree with you.

Top Bottom