What do you think of XenForo?

Hm, read the thread again and the post by someone saying "I will just vote that so I am the exception to the statistics" seems to be gone .. maybe I am confusing 2 polls that are alike. Sorry bout that :)

I like it's new, has some nice ideas like the popup profil thing, the seo urls are nice. But if browsing the forum for longer time it's maybe a bit too cartoonish, avatars too big and the font style is not in my taste. The reply (quote) buttons are to small and the arrow is a nice idea but not intuitive if I don't know it I would never click it.
But sure for an alpha it has a great potential.
Ok, after some more time spent here I would say, for a new basic forum xenforo is a great solution, if you can advance it feature-wise and addon-wise near to the level vb is now it could me bring to switching.

my only trouble is: I do need a proper Forum-software NOW.
So should I go ahead and buy VB 4 now and later on import into XenForo ?

Unfortunately I can not wait a couple months anymore. I would actually like to use Xenforo NOW, even if there are still bugs in it.

I want to start a new Forum and have no experience with VB, but read many negative posts about it.

So what would you suggest me to do ?
Appreciate your kind advice.

Many thanks !
I'd go ahead with xenforo, afterall kier and folks are using it in live production environment for a site that is commercial in nature where $$$ are of concern. If it's good enough for them, any startup forum should be fine.

I voted - Excellent! due to the following features.

1. Generation (page loads).
2. Interface.
3. Built in SEO.
4. Enhanced Attachment Uploader.
5. Price

I'm 1 of the 3 people whom voted that they are not feeling it.

I don't have a sense of a vision for the product that expands to the scope I feel the vision for a great product would require. But that's just me. Making great forum software is a great goal. Making great community software is a much better goal.

Top Bottom