What do you think about Vivvo cms?

Markos

I discovered yesterday that the commercial cms Vivvo have created a good Xenforo bridge.It's now the first MODERN commercial cms that built a good integration with Xenforo (there are also Contentteller, but seem too php-nuke like...).

Now i'm interested to buy it, but there are many questions about this. It worth the price? It seems a litte pricey, at i see there are very few addons and themes and not a true dev community...

Share your thoughts!

In the past I thought it was good for a news article engine.
Is there a site with xenforo + vivvo CMS integration to test ?

a plain demo is here:
http://www.myvivvo.com/

I think vivvo + xenforo is likely a good combo for a site with prominent articles and also wants a great forum.
It also has a gallery ... which people are looking for.

I use Vivvo on my site, but I have a custom template so I am trying to figure out how to get the bridge to work haha.

I like the software...alot. The support is lacking though....seriously.

The xenForo Forum Bridge is intended to be used with Vivvo v4.5.2 and xenForo forum v1.0.1.

• The bridge integrates these two pieces of software allowing
  • one login, registration, and user modification point for both systems
  • comment integration.
  • Integration includes a xenForo Bot, which will automatically create a new topic when a user wishes to discuss/comment the article.
Nice touch on the comment bot !

Certainly vivvo could be used as an expensive HomePage / Articles, maybe even a Gallery !

Would be nice to see some sample sites - with good skins.

Maybe vivvo could give some free demos.

Tell Vivvo to make a CSS that uses xenforo's CSS !

I use it on my site, but I have a custom template so I am trying to figure out how to get the bridge to work haha.

Can you link us your website? Very interested. :)

Here you can see a little selection of websites that uses Vivvo...very interesting. Now i have to choose: Vivvo or Subdreamer (he also are working on a integration, see this topic). I have readed that there a are a free encoded trial...but i have not founded the download link.

The unique problem for me is the cost. I need to have multiple sites. WP MU is free. Vivvo dev. license is a little expensive...mhh. If a good xf dev build a serious wp integration with topic and avatar integration...:)

vivvo has a Trial License
This 21-day Free Trial version is encoded with ionCube encoder and you need to have ionCube loader installed on your server in order to run it.
Base Product Cost: No Cost

Order your copy of Vivvo now and get:
icon-check_02.png
Six months free upgrades
icon-check_02.png
Free support
icon-check_02.png
Full source code
icon-check_02.png
Immediate download
icon-check_02.png
Starting at only $195.00

Never heard of. At a glance, it looks pretty decent, and far too expensive to use. A minimum of 300 dollars to do something that could probably be done with a modded Wordpress (or other free CMS) just as well for free, frankly, seems like overdoing it to me. ;)

something that could probably be done with a modded Wordpress (or other free CMS)

Surely you can do this with Wordpress and with other free cms. But if you are not an expert coder, you should hire one programmer to hack the cms. And you have to pay more that if you have, in some situations more...That's the question. :)

In the past one user that i know have spent 300 dollars to have with PHPBB a feature like the "Recent Activity" on Xenforo. PHPBB is free, but if you want to mod that and there are not free mods to have what you want, you have to pay.

I've never heard of it before, will have to take a look at it though, just from the front page it looks nice, will have to dig deeper :D

Surely you can do this with Wordpress and with other free cms. But if you are not an expert code, you should hire one programmer to hack the cms. And you have to pay. That's the question. :)
True, and admittedly may get over $300 depending on what exactly you need. There are A LOT of free WP plugins already out there to do pretty much anything most people would think of though.

What exactly do you need anyways, aside from XF integration? :p

I like vivvo. I used the demo and was going to use it with vB3 until vB4 came out with their own CMS. Not looking for any comments about that decision.
I still may consider vivvo with my vB4 install and once a few more addons are available for XF, might consider it when I move my vB4 site over to XF.

True, and admittedly may get over $300 depending on what exactly you need. There are A LOT of free WP plugins already out there to do pretty much anything most people would think of though.

What exactly do you need anyways, aside from XF integration? :p

I posted here what i need. I'm know that i can have this with wordpress, the unique problem is the integration. We have not ready a full integration (unique registration/login/change and topic/articles/avatar integration) Wordpress/Xenforo.

I posted here what i need. I'm know that i can have this with wordpress, the unique problem is the integration. We have not ready a full integration (unique registration/login/change and topic/articles/avatar integration) Wordpress/Xenforo.
Ahh, yeah, can see the problem there, fair enough.

At a glance, the CMS itself seems fairly decent, albeit not earth-shattering. ;)

I love it and use it so much that I have owned a DEV License now for 4 years. The vte syntax (Vivvo Template Engine) is similar to xen syntax with templates. Its beyond easy to customize (and I am talking functionality beyond it being an article CMS).

I love it and use it so much that I have owned a DEV License now for 4 years. The vte syntax (Vivvo Template Engine) is similar to xen syntax with templates. Its beyond easy to customize (and I am talking functionality beyond it being an article CMS).

Can you show some sites. Especially with Xenforo .... I think many people wanting a CMS might like a Vivvo site .... made by you.
:)

Can you show some sites. Especially with Xenforo .... I think many people wanting a CMS might like a Vivvo site .... made by you.
:)

the XF Bridge was just released to the public yesterday. I've not see anyone post links to their sites on the forums yet. I'd give it a week or so. The vivvo site has a showcase of sites. Im not going to post links to non xf sites here.

Top Bottom