What do you charge for people to advertise on your forum?

PumpinIron

My forum can be seen here: https://wranglertjforum.com

Don't let the numbers deceive you. It's a very active community, and thanks to my Google AdWords skills, I have an amazing conversion rate on sign-ups.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out what to charge vendors.

The idea is what each vendor would receive:
  • Vendor specific sub-forum for their business (where they could post specials, links to products on their site, etc.)
  • Link / banner in their signature for their site
  • Ability to interact with forum members by promoting their products when responding to a thread
  • A site banner at the top of every page
I'm trying to figure out a monthly rate that is fair, but not just giving it away. I get a lot of traffic from AdWords, and I have to offset my cost somehow.

In addition to that, while my forum may be a smaller forum, it's very niche specific, and the people who are on it are typically people who spend a lot of money on parts.

Any input is appreciated.

I was thinking maybe $50 a month, but I'm not sure if that's too steep or not?

I charge a flat rate of 25 bucks a month. I have a section on my forums just for selling and I create their own forum node to sell their stuff.

Last edited:
$25 a month seems more like what I should be charging. That's not enough to make someone gawk at the price by any means.

$25 a month seems more like what I should be charging. That's not enough to make someone gawk at the price by any means.
I dont advertise it, if someone asks I set them up, I may get 2-5 people a year, I look at it as paying for my hosting. I make more on donations really.

Well if they are advertising car parts that cost $1000's of dollars I think 25 to 50 a month is very reasonable

Well if they are advertising car parts that cost $1000's of dollars I think 25 to 50 a month is very reasonable
fot that point it would depend on the ad statics if your able to track ad clicks you would be able to tell how man people are likely to purchase the product then you can raise your advert cost. but I would advise to keep it as low as possible to gain more advertisers than none

Top Bottom