XF 1.3 What conditions "unsave" a template modification?

Neil E.

Template Modifications.webp

In the picture you can see some modifications are not applied. I notice that reverting a template (to remove a direct edit) will "unsave" a template modification that was applied to that specific template.

I assume this happens because of the change to the specific template. What other conditions will do this? Does a template that gets changed during an upgrade do this? Or does simply upgrading "unsave" all template modifications?

I've noticed that when copying code above from the "replace code" textbox when creating template modification. I rather open template in a new tab and copy/paste code from there. You'll notice that the code pastes different (spaces, lines etc.).

You are correct, but that wasn't what I was referring to. As you found, the template "preview" window is not suitable for copying code. Any copying should be done from an actual template. It is possible to copy a few lines if you willing to adjust the line tabs manually.

I'm looking to find out what events change the template which then would cause the unsaved condition to occur.

Does the information change if you do a master rebuild?

Showing 0/0/0 would usually indicate that the template doesn't exist. If the match fails on a template, then the grey number would be incremented. (Red means applied but caused the template to be invalid.)

Unfortunately I went through the templates and resaved them last night, so the same conditions are not present for a master rebuild test.

I do have a number of templates that have GREEN (1) GREY (1) RED (0), where the master matches, but the style doesn't. This may be a result of experimenting with the TMS addon. I've decided to remove the addon completely and then delete the style and experiment some more. If I have too much trouble, I'll wipe the test forum and start over. I may be a while before I have anything useful to report.

Top Bottom