What 2FA app do you use?

Alternadiv

I'm looking for a two factor authentication app to use, particularly the Google, Microsoft, and Authy app. But the reviews for these apps are screaming to stay away. Lots of people saying they got permanently locked out of their accounts because they got a new phone or reset their phone and couldn't restore the accounts.

It seems like 2FA itself is a great thing to have but I'm not seeing an app that sounds reliable. What do you guys use?

Personally I would not trust LastPass, see this post by the legend Troy Hunt himself: https://www.troyhunt.com/logmein-now-owns-lastpass-heres-how-to/
(If you're unfamiliar, he's the guy who operates "Have I Been Pwned?": https://haveibeenpwned.com )

It's a fair point that 1Password now primarily operates on a subscription model, but you can still purchase a stand-alone license if you wish. Cloud sync and the subscription model is optional.

Its GA / TOTP support has been immensely helpful for me, especially on mobile :D

There is a setting in the browser add-on that the TTOP is copied to the clipboard after login so you can enter it directly.
Actually, it works nice, but to copy TOTP to the clipboard this needs to be disabled:
2019-05-31_11-29-43.png

Also, how do you use 2FA to login to Bitwarden account? I don't store that password in Bitwarden.

*sorry, @sixlxvi , we're hijacking the thread now...

I recently switched to 1Password for this. And it's plain awesome. It fills your credentials automatically AND copys a one-time-password into the clipboard, so all you need is to paste it.
Same here, been using 1Password for a while now (family subscription which is useful) so it made sense to use the 2FA built into this. The copy to clipboard for the OTP is great and it reverts to your previous clipboard contents a few seconds later so you don't lose anything.

Same here, been using 1Password for a while now (family subscription which is useful) so it made sense to use the 2FA built into this. The copy to clipboard for the OTP is great and it reverts to your previous clipboard contents a few seconds later so you don't lose anything.
I like that it reverts like that. I’ve never even thought about that.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m gonna check each one out.

Top Bottom