XF 2.1 Welcome to XenForo 2.1 / Assorted improvements

Welcome to XenForo 2.1!

We said there would be something special accompanying the final HYS in this series for XF 2.1, and here it is. This is your first opportunity to help us put the new feature set through its paces.

We also said there would be a number of other miscellaneous changes/improvements to show you, so read on for more 👇

Re-ordering custom field choices

In XF 2.1 we've added the ability to re-order custom field choices very simply by using drag and drop:

For developers, if you wished to implement your own simple draggable lists in your own add-ons then we've made this simple to do with our new sort.js and XF.ListSorter class. For advanced use cases you may wish to use nestable.js or roll something more custom, but for simple cases as demonstrated above, it should be fairly useful.
When will custom field choices be searchable and sortable on the front end?

I am happy with it in my dev and am ready to upgrade. Just trying to work it into my schedule. Had originally planned to upgrade last weekend but my beloved spouse had other ideas.;)

Just do it, takes minutes 😀

Maybe if you're doing 2.0 to 2.1. I am still at 1.5. It doesn't take minutes when you've got two old styles and 4 old add-ons to remove, then install/configure appropriate replacements afterwards. I am also an IS manager IRL so none of that happens until proper backups are taken. And I do believe in giving users fair warning for a major upgrade like this. Point level? Sure I will do those off the cuff. But this is a first level for me so, no.

Top Bottom