As designed Welcome messages marked as read

rfc0001

Affected version
When adding additional recipients (e.g. admins) to a Welcome message, it shows up as read in their inbox, so they won't see the messages until they go to their inbox.

This was actually intentional. I can understand why admins/staff may want to be kept up to date of new registrations, but this system wasn't really designed for that and we felt that most admins/staff who were added to this welcome message wouldn't want to be notified of every single one. You can make a suggestion if you wish, but I can't particularly see that the extra inbox "noise" would be appealing to most users.

If the conversation is sent from the admin, it is expected that it would be marked as read (since it's from yourself). The issues is when explicitly adding other admins/mods as recipients, in which case they don't get the notification. I would suggest adding notifications for additional recipients so admin 2 can reply to the conversation from admin 1 to member, with a welcome message as well. If they don't want notifications of these conversations, they you can just remove them as additional recipients.

Top Bottom