Moderation approval/Welcome message

frm

I have one forum that is set up to not allow registered users to post until one post has been approved by a staff member.

However, I'd like to also have an email "Welcome message" when they are members. A welcome message doesn't necessarily mean their account is "valid" for posting, though. Is it possible to send the "Welcome message" after the account is validated through this user group promotion so that they're aware that their account is in good standing? Or would this require custom development to send an email when they're added to the user group?

Thanks

What I do is eliminate the "waiting for a moderator to approve" message, so that they never know their first x posts are moderated. It's a simple extra.less addition, and it keeps them from leaving, annoyed.

Reactions: frm
What I do is eliminate the "waiting for a moderator to approve" message, so that they never know their first x posts are moderated. It's a simple extra.less addition, and it keeps them from leaving, annoyed.
I have a notice setup already that shows that their account is ineligible to post until the criteria is met (1 post and approval).

However, I'd like to run the welcome message when they are added to the user group that can as opposed to when they join so that it draws them back in a second time as opposed to when a reply to that message is made.

Is that possible or do I need custom development for this?

Is that possible or do I need custom development for this?
I knew that my reply didn't really help with your question, I merely told you what I do about this. I cannot answer your question offhand, and am hoping someone else will see this and chime in. My first impression though is, yes this is probably a custom add-on type of thing.

Yes, it would require custom development.

There's nothing built in to XF which will trigger an email on user group promotion.

Top Bottom