Welcome Area - Homepage

Precision

I was wondering what file I would have to edit, and the code I would have to apply to make a nice little "welcome" text area explaining that users must sign-in to blah blah blah... I wanted this box-area to be right above the Recent Announcements block (when signed out), and above the Recent Threads block (when signed in). Or in other words, right underneath the navigation menu which shows u where your currently at, refer to the picture for what I'm talkin about :P

Thanks for any help :) <3!

Attachments

• Welcome-Block.webp
    Welcome-Block.webp
    161.3 KB · Views: 53
I was wondering what file I would have to edit, and the code I would have to apply to make a nice little "welcome" text area explaining that users must sign-in to blah blah blah... I wanted this box-area to be right above the Recent Announcements block (when signed out), and above the Recent Threads block (when signed in). Or in other words, right underneath the navigation menu which shows u where your currently at, refer to the picture for what I'm talkin about :p

Thanks for any help :) <3!
you would have to edit the template named PAGE_CONTAINER

Find:

Code:
<div class="mainContainer">
                <div class="mainContent"></xen:if>

paste this right after <div class="mainContent"></xen:if>
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
    <div class="yourGreetingWrap">
        Please <a href="{xen:link login}">sign up</a> at our forums and be part of the community.
    </div>
</xen:if>

you can customize it from there as far as style and stuff goes

edit refresh the page precision...i had to delete a stray h3 tag from the code

Hey EQ! :). Sorry to come to u with another problem :P. I'm actually really glad your the one helping me. I can explain what i wanted to u extremely easy. I wanted the same exact thing done with my slogan in the exact area I showed u. I guess I can try to paste the code... give me 5 min :P, i'll let you know how it goes.

The problem that I encountered when I copied and pasted your code (and put my own text in there), is it extends to behind the side-bars. I'll leave the code up, while I edit it to show you what I mean. I'm gonna try to copy and paste the slogan box to fit in the area I wanted without going behind slogan.

Ahhhh, sorry didn't refresh :P. Works perfect your the best. I think I can get the transparent block look on my own :P, if i have any problems I'll let you know. Thanks so much :).

No problem...just remember you already have those css classes set up...

all you need to do is wrap the whole code you added now with
Code:
<div class="hearts">
    <div class="greyHeyHey">
                CODE YOU ADDED JUST ADDED HERE
    </div>
</div>
that should work

Lol i feel so bad cause I can't do anything to help you :cry: .... lol... Thanks a ton, again (y)

[EDIT] * Need a simple fix. The font size is taking the slogan's font size. I tried to add <font size:(#)px> but it doesn't seem to be working. I put it right before my text.

Figured it out. I just copied and pasted the <div> classes - heart and greyHeyHey - and created <div> classes - heart2 and greyHeyHey2, and just linked to them from the Page_Container file, and edited the font size. Thanks again! :).

no problem....you might also want to play around and see if you can figure out how to add that 1 px grey border from your sidebar blocks the same way on your greyheyhey class....(that makes me laugh reading it out loud)

Hey one more question EQ. When I insert that block, it shows up on ALL the pages when your signed out. Anyway to just make it show up specific pages? Example - the Home page?

Hey one more question EQ. When I insert that block, it shows up on ALL the pages when your signed out. Anyway to just make it show up specific pages? Example - the Home page?
I think your user xenporta so it would be something like this...

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'EWRporta_Portal'">
    <div class="hearts">
        <div class="greyHeyHey">
            <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
                <div class="yourGreetingWrap">
                    Please <a href="{xen:link login}">sign up</a> at our forums and be part of the community.
                </div>
        </div>
    </div>

why not use the "Notices" system ?
he want's a customizable div is all I think...not that a notice wouldn't work but he wants it to match something else he has going on I believe.

I wanted to learn both ways actually. I was thinking about putting a notice, but I didn't know what settings to put, to have it show up above everything on the home-page?

I also wanted to learn how to create a block on my own for future reference, and in-case I can't get the notice to work.

But for now my question is, what settings do I use for my notice to have it where I wanted it?

Top Bottom