1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird problems.

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Pope Viper, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

OK, I'm scratching my head.

I did a fresh install, and wanted to import a VB 4 board. Using Paul M's, script, I got the follo0wing error:
    Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Importer_Abstract' not found in D:\Websites\Bunker\XF\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin4.php on line 10

Paul indicated that I should re-upload the files, which I did with the same results.

Then, I tried to do an IPBoard import, and received the following:
    Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Importer_Abstract' not found in D:\Websites\Bunker\XF\library\XenForo\Importer\IPBoard.php on line 12

So, I wiped everything, deleted database, downloaded the full package again, and unzipped it directly to the server. No change.

What else should I check?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Make sure this file exists on your server:

library/XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php

Uploading the original files should restore this missing file unless there is something wrong with the upload.

3. Pope Viper

Yep, that file is there, and I am able to open it.

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Which version of PHP are you running?

5. Pope Viper

6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

If you unzipped it on your server as root you may have permission problems...I remember at one point I extracted the archive directly on the server as root and had to delete it (as root) and then give the user for that domain shell access to do the steps. I do however have no clue if this even applies to you or if it was unique in my case.

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Run this:

Admin CP -> Tools -> File Health Check

Any errors reported?