1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial Fix Weird effect when copy paste in tag box

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by 51463, Jul 24, 2015.

1. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a weird effect when i copy and paste words in the tag box.

It's mostly for long words. As you can see in my .gif

CopyPaste2.gif

The reason i am copying paste is because there is "no set all tags to"

and also you can't copy and paste tags. So the only solution is too write it out first:

thebest car, joeyiscool, msn

without a comma at the end and then copy and paste it in all the boxes and simply add a comma to make it tags

But it doesn't paste well inside the tag box. It's almost as if the tag box is small. Or the internet doesn't see the big box space .

Have a try. I am using Chrome

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This isn't actually exclusive to the Gallery it's just how the tag input works. I'm pretty sure we can't do anything about this.

3. jOOc

jOOc Active Member

If you change the display from "inline-block" to "block" for ".taggingInput .addTag" it works just fine

Add this in EXTRA.css
    Code:
    .taggingInput .addTag {

display: block;
    }
    But maybe restrict it more to just mediapage otherwise it can/will break other tag inputs

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, it breaks the media page tag input, too, so it won't be fixed like that (if at all).

upload_2015-7-24_9-40-8.png

It puts the existing tags on a separate line to the tag input itself.

5. jOOc

jOOc Active Member

Yeah I noticed that :(

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The width overflow issue is roughly expected here and you'll still be able to trigger it with long tags. However, I have resolved the display issue that relates to pasting into the text box; they now get converted to tags correctly.

51463 and Chris D like this.