Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest 3.5

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Weekly Digest - Sends an email to your members every week showing most popular topics.

Description:

Sends an email to your members every week showing most popular topics.

(Example of Weekly Digest email)

View attachment 88644

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 88645

(Example of Subscribe/Unsubscribe overlay)

View attachment 88646

(Example of Weekly Digest link in footer)

View attachment 88647

How it works:

An email of the 20 most popular topics are sent to all members that have logged into your forum with the past 30...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Andy, Is it possible to have the subscription form embedded in a wf widget that i could place anywhere on the screen, for example on the sidepanel?

Andy,
Would you mind removing the period after the email text phrase? Also, could you add a phrase that is appended to the links so that we can add tracking variables? Alternatively, is there a template for the email?

Thank you. Well done.

Hi, I have a few questions...

a) is there a template for the email to customize it?
b) is there a possibility to change the number of days a user has logged in last time or disable this restriction completely?
c) can i use this only for specific usergroups?
d) can I combine this addon somehow with the inactive members addon, so that on a weekly basis this email gets send out if the users did not login within the last 7 days/last time this was sent out?

e) if the user unsubscribes, does this has any effect on the settings for the site mailings/forum newsletter within the user profile?

Thanks

Last edited:
I installed this and like the idea, but can't figure out how its picking the most popular topics, as the topics it pics are not popular in any way. Is there any way to improve the way it picks the most popular topics?

I installed this and like the idea, but can't figure out how its picking the most popular topics, as the topics it pics are not popular in any way. Is there any way to improve the way it picks the most popular topics?

I would be interested in the question too...

Is there a way to show all posts for the week instead of just the most popular threads?

Is there a way to automatically enroll all new members to be enrolled in this feature when they sign up?

Can I bulk-register current members after installing this add-on?

Is there a way to automatically enroll all new members to be enrolled in this feature when they sign up?

Can I bulk-register current members after installing this add-on?

Same questions for me. AFAIK, all members who agreed to site mailings in their userprofile are automatically subscribed. Is this correct? How can I verify in the db, that this is really the case?

Are new members, who registered after the installation of this addon, also automaticaly subscribed?

Thanks

Hi,

something is wrong with my isntallation. Although cronjob is scheduled and all tests with test accounts went fine, the cron job did not run by itself this morning.

I then tried to run the cronjob manually, but no emails are sent out neither. Only 2 for those 2 accounts where I made tests within the last days with optin and opt out.

So why is the cron not sending emails out? In the ACP it sais that the cron job was done successfully when I run it manually...

Hi,

something is wrong with my isntallation. Although cronjob is scheduled and all tests with test accounts went fine, the cron job did not run by itself this morning.

I then tried to run the cronjob manually, but no emails are sent out neither. Only 2 for those 2 accounts where I made tests within the last days with optin and opt out.

So why is the cron not sending emails out? In the ACP it sais that the cron job was done successfully when I run it manually...

maybe this is the reason: "...An email of the 20 most popular topics is sent to all members that have logged into your forum with the past 30 days..."

I have to check, because all my testaccpunts have not ben logged in for over 30 days. But I have no access to others... Will ask some members...

How can i translate the title and the unsubscribe link in the message. I dont find that in phrases?

Andy, I am trying to send myself a manual test email but it doesn't seem to work. Is the manual test email also only sent on Saturdays?

Top Bottom