1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weddingplanner switched from VB4 to Xf...

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by derandechser, Mar 28, 2012.

1. derandechser

derandechser Member

Hi there,
    i switched over from vb4 to Xenforo a few weeks ago, and there´s a lot to do for me, to make it look like i want to:)
    Problem: I´m red-green-blind so it´s a little bit difficult to design a page...;)
    Could you take a look at my site?

Here it is

Critics very welcome!!!
    Greetings from Germany, Peter

Sage Knight and Digital Doctor like this.
  2. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Not really a fan of wedding planning...;), but the site looks nice! If your asking what the color's are, then the main color's are pink, little bit of purple, light blue and white.

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Looks great.
    Love the Wordpress
    Love the slider on the top of forum home.
    I agree the colours aren't great.

wedding.planner.de.jpg

4. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Colors hurt my eyes :( But I'm glad to see it's not default xf lol

5. derandechser

derandechser Member

Thanks for your responses:)

Hi, could you tell me , which colors are bad and which colors were the better choice?
    Thank you,
    Peter;)

6. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Looks good, the colours used suits the whole "wedding theme" thing well, especially the pink. In fact the picture posted above showing purple and green looks better to me than the changes made since, now it looks like it's missing another extra colour thrown in there, a bit too much pink/pinky red used now in the header. The purple looked good in that screen-shot above, the green also looked OK to me.

7. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Really like your site - excellent work. The slider on the front page is very slick, I like the colours, love the font you've used for thread titles, like the node icons too. Very good all round.

8. derandechser

derandechser Member

Thanks for your replies, as i mentioned in the first post, i´ve problems, seeing colors. Without your critics i´m nearly lost;) Now i like to change the site-background, think it´s very boring, but don´t know how to spice it up a bit.
    Do you have any ideas?
    Thanks again, Peter

9. derandechser

derandechser Member

Thought, it was time to change the layout,
    now it looks like this.

hochzeitsforum.jpg

What do you think about the design?
    Thanks again, Peter

Insy and Walter like this.
  10. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

I think it looks fantastic. Great job.

11. derandechser

derandechser Member

Nice to hear, thank you:)

12. Sage Knight

Sage Knight Well-Known Member

I the theme really fits in with the subject at hand. Only you might want to tone abit of the yellowish colour you have there.

Insy likes this.
  13. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

Colors are also a bit too clear for me. Very nice style otherwise, I immediately understood that I was on a wedding forum :)

14. derandechser

derandechser Member

Hey, thanks for your answers:)

Thanks for your reply. Could you explain, what you mean with to clear?

Greetings, Peter

15. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

Sorry, It seems I didn't choose the correct word (French people are bad in foreign languages​​, it's well known). I would like to say that your style is "too light" or "too bright" (choose the right word) for me.