WebsiteSpark

Blandt

Ok there is also Microsoft expression. It comes bundled with Encoder, neat stuff.

Ok .. for all of you designers and coders if you haven't applied for WebsiteSpark, you are missing on a great deal of free goodies.
I am not associated in any way with Microsoft, but I give them credit when credit is due. head over to http://www.microsoft.com/web/WebSiteSpark/WebPro/Default.aspx and apply, you will thank me later :D

Ok there is also Microsoft expression. It comes bundled with Encoder, neat stuff.

Ok .. for all of you designers and coders if you haven't applied for WebsiteSpark, you are missing on a great deal of free goodies.
I am not associated in any way with Microsoft, but I give them credit when credit is due. head over to http://www.microsoft.com/web/WebSiteSpark/WebPro/Default.aspx and apply, you will thank me later :D

*A one-time $100 Program Offering Fee is due upon exit or upon the end of the 3 year term doesn't look free and this is not the thread for it :-)

It is free, as I am a member, and I got a bunch of free software, not to mention the MSDN subscription and the free Azure hosting.
The exit fee comes due in 3 years, hardly a fee at all ($33/year that doesn't even cover a decent VPS for a month)

Check them out, nothing to lose... I could get a 2GB XEN VPS which will allow you to install your own Windows server 2008 (free with websitespark or bizspark) for about 40-50 dollars a month which is a true bargain

Oh and this is the thread for it :D The guy is asking for a capture software.
MS Encoder will do the job very well ... and it is included if he gets approved for the application.

Compare that to Adobe's

no this is about capture/recording software not video encoding or web hosting at all.
and it DOES cost money...so it is not free goodies, it is a marketing scheme, also if you leave before three years you still pay 100 or if your site goes live.
not free. Also comparing the cost of this to a vps is not even applicable as they are two different things.
this1.png

I use only MS os's on my personal machines and i wont touch WMP why would I use their encoder, when I think adobe I think media,bringing up adobe makes me want this less.
Just start another thread as this is not related at all whatsoever to the topic.

WebsiteSpark. How is this related to screen capturing software? For the average user?

You get Microsoft Expression Pro for free. That's how it's related.

Average user in here = Forum administrator

I cannot think of any admin who wants to pass up this deal. If you happen to be one of those who will pass it up then be my guest and do so.

It's not like you click a button and they will dish out a free license. You have to fill out an application and you may or may not be accepted.

Good luck to y'all

no this is about capture/recording software not video encoding or web hosting at all.
and it DOES cost money...so it is not free goodies, it is a marketing scheme, also if you leave before three years you still pay 100 or if your site goes live.
not free. Also comparing the cost of this to a vps is not even applicable as they are two different things.

I use only MS os's on my personal machines and i wont touch WMP why would I use their encoder, when I think adobe I think media,bringing up adobe makes me want this less.
Just start another thread as this is not related at all whatsoever to the topic.

The capture software is included. Although I am not using it (because Iuse Camstudio Pro which cost money by the way), I have tried it and it is a top notch software.

It is a marketing scheme. I agree ! BUT WELL WORTH IT. I'm comparing it to a VPS cost for 2 reasons :
1. Windows 2008 license
2. Windows Azure web hosting free (with limitation on the bandwidth and space of course, but to wet your feet for free! com'on )

I use their encoder because flash adobe server cost 3K and as much as you're against Microsoft I am against Adobe Flash :D

This seems like a lot more than a screen recording tool to me.

I split off the latest posts about WebsiteSpark from the Screen Recording tools thread.

This seems like a lot more than a screen recording tool to me.

I split off the latest posts about WebsiteSpark from the Screen Recording tools thread.

Screen capture tool is included.
Options are always good. no one have to apply or use Microsoft ! it's an option.

I do not know what the relationship is between Websparksite and the screen capture tool.

If the screen capture tool is available without having anything to do with the websparksite, then:
  1. why did you post about the websparksite that thread to begin with?
  2. please post the screen capture tool information in the other thread without the additional websparksite info.

MS Expression is not a free software.
As I have stated, Microsoft Expression Encoder is bundled with Microsoft Expression, and it is a fantastic capture tool because it will encode your file in any format you can think of.

Website spark was mentioned because if accepted, a license to MS expression is included with the membership. I thought it's a useful info for those who don't follow Microsoft news.

I will repost that MS Expression is a very capable capture tool

MS Expression is not a free software.
As I have stated, Microsoft Expression Encoder is bundled with Microsoft Expression, and it is a fantastic capture tool because it will encode your file in any format you can think of.

Website spark was mentioned because if accepted, a license to MS expression is included with the membership. I thought it's a useful info for those who don't follow Microsoft news.

I will repost that MS Expression is a very capable capture tool
Thank you for the succinct summary. When you post could you also post a link to this thread for more discussions?

Because it is so much more than a screen capture tool, it needs more in depth discussion. :)

Top Bottom