Webmaster.College - $300 Webmaster Giveaway, Free SEO Packages, and more!

Xyphien

1558019308568.png

What Webmaster.College Offers:
We're giving away over $300 in webmaster content for our starting giveaway. The prizes includes a forum software license to one of the major forum services (Xenforo, IPB, VB), SEO Packages, domains, and more!

We also have forum currency called WC (Webmaster Cash) which you can redeem for some unique and amazing stuff such as SEO Packages, Domains, Advertisements, Website Reviews, Posting Packages, and more!

Our SEO Package from Forum Currency is a unique SEO package in where we take your domain, and a description and we create your link on Web 2.0 websites, and post 3 backlinks on Verified Do-Follow Blogs (PA20+) for increased SEO. These are all proven ways to get your domain boosted on googles ranks, and these are all places I've personally posted for my website to get it ranked google in several searches!

About Webmaster.College
Webmaster.College is geared towards helping other webmasters get their sites active, up, and profiting. I own a website with over 39,000 members 1558275845133.webp with this I created WC. Since 2009 I've been creating forums, websites, blogs, etc. and I feel that I've learned a lot throughout my time. I've learned what services offer the best results, ways to get your website number 1 on google, and a lot more. My large website is ranked 1 on google for about 5 different high end searches, and it's on the first page of google for about 20 others. My goal with WC is to help offer some unique content, packages, and other forms of beneficial material geared at getting your individual website up and running, or rated higher than the others! WC is a FREE forum based community with zero catches.

Last edited:
Some random thoughts.

• I think your nodes are far too distracting with the multiple colors going on. Additionally, those colors don't flow into the forum view themselves, you could add a small ascent to the forum view / thread view depending on which forum you're viewing. But personally... those background colors are way too distracting.
  • Contest notice, your nodes are overwhelming and sort of make you miss the really nice contest you have going on. The notice itself though lacks on contrast, rather hard to read which is a shame because it's promoting something nice. https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/Screenshot_4.webp fails every contrast check
  • The header really has some wasted space, why can't the login / user area be in the main navigation? Contact envelope and RSS icon aren't really that important to have it in the header when you could easily move it somewhere else
  • The concept of the "college" aspect is cool but some I feel it's taken a bit too far in some places. For being a webmaster site finding a place to showcase was a bit difficult. Frat Rushing is where you go to showcase your site, I get why you went with this but why over-complicate it with the naming. Additionally, why not promote the ability to showcase users site in the sidebar or somewhere else.
  • The floating nav should honestly have a login/register button, pages without a sidebar only have the small link up top in the header area.
  • If the site is dedicated to helping folks succeed why not expand on that outside of the typical forums. Utilize pages and create a "course" of sorts, pages are severely under-utilized in XF and this could be a perfect place to use them.
  • Mobile spacing needs some work, lots of wasted space on the forum nodes.

Anyways, best of luck.

Some random thoughts.

• I think your nodes are far too distracting with the multiple colors going on. Additionally, those colors don't flow into the forum view themselves, you could add a small ascent to the forum view / thread view depending on which forum you're viewing. But personally... those background colors are way too distracting.
  • Contest notice, your nodes are overwhelming and sort of make you miss the really nice contest you have going on. The notice itself though lacks on contrast, rather hard to read which is a shame because it's promoting something nice. https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/View attachment 202723 fails every contrast check
  • The header really has some wasted space, why can't the login / user area be in the main navigation? Contact envelope and RSS icon aren't really that important to have it in the header when you could easily move it somewhere else
  • The concept of the "college" aspect is cool but some I feel it's taken a bit too far in some places. For being a webmaster site finding a place to showcase was a bit difficult. Frat Rushing is where you go to showcase your site, I get why you went with this but why over-complicate it with the naming. Additionally, why not promote the ability to showcase users site in the sidebar or somewhere else.
  • The floating nav should honestly have a login/register button, pages without a sidebar only have the small link up top in the header area.
  • If the site is dedicated to helping folks succeed why not expand on that outside of the typical forums. Utilize pages and create a "course" of sorts, pages are severely under-utilized in XF and this could be a perfect place to use them.
  • Mobile spacing needs some work, lots of wasted space on the forum nodes.
Anyways, best of luck.
Thank you for the reply. We're planning on upgrading to xenforo 2.1 and using a new theme completely here soon so hopefully most of these issues will be fixed.

As for the pages, I'll look into how to properly utilize them as I've never really saw a need to make a page versus an open forum post. It could be that I simply never took the time to look into pages so I'll go ahead and do that soon :)

Thanks so much for pointing out everything you did, as well as thank you for taking the time to critique the website fully :)

Thank you for the reply. We're planning on upgrading to xenforo 2.1 and using a new theme completely here soon so hopefully most of these issues will be fixed.

As for the pages, I'll look into how to properly utilize them as I've never really saw a need to make a page versus an open forum post. It could be that I simply never took the time to look into pages so I'll go ahead and do that soon :)

Thanks so much for pointing out everything you did, as well as thank you for taking the time to critique the website fully :)
Yes! Glad you took the advise and converting to 2.1. I really like the idea behind what you are trying to achieve and even though we have forums like TAZ and FP, I think we need more of them! Definitely with the conversion, a lot of the issues mentioned above will be resolved. I am going to sign up now! As always, good luck :D

Top Bottom