Webmaster.College - Planning on opening it back up *Criticism & Advice Needed*

Xyphien

Capture.jpg

Why I posted here:
I'd like your opinions, and ideas on this. As stated, the niche itself has a lot of other websites, as well as more established websites already. Though I have some unique content, it's always nice to hear from some outside minds to see what other things I can improve on.

A little about me:
I own rmmv.co which is a website with almost 40k members. Currently at 37,848 total members, and gaining around 100 a day. I've been developing and making forums for around 10 years now (Started in 2009) and throughout that time I've learned a lot, made a lot of mistakes, and genuinely know a decent bit about what I'm doing.

About the Website:
With this being said I'm planning on opening up a forum I made a while back. If you can tell I removed all the dates from the image, I'm about to revamp it, post new content and everything else for it. I feel that throughout the 10 years, and now owning a forum with almost 40k members I'd be able to help out a lot of people by posting some of the things I've did that worked AS WELL as posting some of the things I did that didn't work, or that almost costed me a website. I'd like a webmaster website where it's geared at genuinely helping other webmasters, especially new ones. I know a lot have been made, and the webmaster niche is slightly cluttered, however I feel with my history and knowledge I should be good with helping others out which is all I'd like to do.

Link: https://Webmaster.College

(Note: The site hasn't been used in years. I'm aware of the inactivity, and everything like that. It's why I'm planning on starting it back up. I'll be posting more content here soon.)

It might be better to make the site changes, revamp it, and then come back and ask for opinions on the finished "new" product so-to-speak!

And on a personal note, dump that gigantic header - it pushes the forums down soo much they are off the bottom of my screen.

It might be better to make the site changes, revamp it, and then come back and ask for opinions on the finished "new" product so-to-speak!

And on a personal note, dump that gigantic header - it pushes the forums down soo much they are off the bottom of my screen.
The header is just there for those who are not logged in. The moment you log in it goes away, that way it gives you a basic idea on what it's about prior to registering. I figured that'd be a good thing.
As for the waiting, that seems fine. I was just trying to get more ideas on it prior to updating so I know where to start.

I would cut the amount of nodes down as well, perhaps utilize the prefixes.
Sounds good, do you have any ideas on what nodes I should merge into one to cut them down into a smaller, more compact version?

First off, only the About Us and SEO links work in the welcome PC, all the other links are bad.
The link in the notice is bad.
I didn't know about the about us or the SEO so thanks for letting me know about that. As for the link in the notice, I'm aware thank you :) I had to remove a lot of stuff due to a large influx of spam bots and had to rebuild a few things :)

Thanks to both for the critiques. I'll work on it a bit more!

Top Bottom