1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WebDav working slow

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheRevTastic, Jul 2, 2011.

1. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

Well I was just wondering out of all of the people that use a WebDav editor such as Dreamweaver etc if it goes really slow for you as well?

I started thinking it could just be Dreamweaver working really slow but I haven't taken the time to try out another program as I don't really know any others that allow the use of WebDav :p.
  2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Which part is slow? Listing, loading or saving?
  3. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Saving is always going to be a bit slow with WebDav (at least with an external server).

Takes about ~2-3 seconds when I save, depending on the file size.
  4. TheRevTastic

Retrieving the files, saving is sort of slow and listing is pretty fast.

Also I forgot to mention this, but I am doing this with my local XAMPP install.
  5. Kier

Because of the way XenForo works, saving gets slower with the more styles and languages you have installed. For style development, I would recommend running just a single style (modify the default style, but not the master) and a single language, which should make the process as fast as it can possibly be.
  6. TheRevTastic

I only have 2 styles and one language on it :p.
  7. Kier

I guess your computer is just a bit pants when it comes to WebDav then. It works very speedily on mine.
  8. TheRevTastic

I am now jealous and shall be arriving at your home shortly to take your computer.
    CyberAP likes this.