Web host problems - XF2.0

Having terrible trouble with Xilo web host - upgrade to 2.0 caused multiple functionality problems and having even bigger problems getting them to solve them.

Can anyone suggest a host that is successfully running XF2.0 with all official add ons installed?

Thanks...

The system requirements have not changed from 1.0 to 2.0 as far as I'm aware, so I'm not really sure how this can be an issue with the host if it was running fine before. Did you upgrade properly? Are the add-ons the ones designed for 2.0?

Run this and make sure your server meets the requirements: https://xenforo.com/xenforo-requirements-test.zip

They've changed, XF2 requires PHP 5.4 while XF1 only requires 5.2. The mysql version may have changed as well

They've changed, XF2 requires PHP 5.4 while XF1 only requires 5.2. The mysql version may have changed as well

Hmmmmmm. The requirements .zip I posted above is exactly the same file for both 1 and 2. Perhaps that's just something the xF folks overlooked then.

@Simon Ricketts did you run that PHP file (from the .zip) file on your hosting account prior to upgrading?

Hmmmmmm. The requirements .zip I posted above is exactly the same file for both 1 and 2. Perhaps that's just something the xF folks overlooked then.
The .zip file tests the requirements for XF 2. While XF 1 will work with lesser requirements, if the server passes the test in the .zip file it will work for both XF 1 and XF 2.

But as stated in the readme file, it does not test for the minimum MySQL version (5.5).

Was you running version 1 without issue? What PHP and MySQL version are you running?

If you like, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to try and pinpoint the issue for you.

Top Bottom