We In Here!

Yeah someone asked me how to moderate and I've never really taught them how to moderate before. How do you teach your mods how to moderate? I used to post screenshots and all sorts of stuff on how they can do certain things but luckily Kier made a Moderation Tools vimeo presentation, Spam and Reporting 'Have You Seen' threads that I could just simply direct them too. If they have questions they can just reply to the thread instead of asking me. I know sounds bad right but I start school soon and don't wanna be bothered explaining stuff.
You have to understand that my community is uncensored, which mean moderating isn't something that is used often, because everything is acceptable (excluding spam and illegal content).

So the staff has a very light job and hardly ever uses any of their power, because everyone is free to express themselves and openly talk about anything that comes to mind.

With this this said, no I don't really teach my staff. I find the best ones are the ones who can figure it out themselves and who don't go looking to use such power. The only thing I point out is where the spam button is. Everything else is self explaining really.

Well hello everyone :)

I was invited before by Mr. 8thos but wasn't sure whether to join or not since I really dont own a XenForo licence. He did show/refer me to the free trial because I want to start my own site soon and I did fall in love with it so I basically am here for two purposes. As one of his team as well as a future holder of XenForo....

Where to get started though hehehehehe I am sure to have lots of fun here!!

Well hello everyone :)

I was invited before by Mr. 8thos but wasn't sure whether to join or not since I really dont own a XenForo licence. He did show refer me to the free trial because I want to start my own site soon and I did fall in love with it so I basically am here for two purposes. As one of his team as well as a future holder of XenForo....

Where to get started though hehehehehe I am sure to have lots of fun here!!
You'll love XenForo

Very customizable, uses almost no resources (saving you on hosting), easy to use, and very user friendly (as I'm sure you already know).

Hello there Vicky. You sure do get around (on a few sites).

You'll love XenForo

Very customizable, uses almost no resources (saving you on hosting), easy to use, and very user friendly (as I'm sure you already know).

Hello there Vicky. You sure do get around (on a few sites).

I could say the same for you Mr lol

When I had the free trial I was blown away at how easy things were. I admin a Vb4 site and its so much more complex there and being a noob I tell you it felt like a rubix cube to me sometimes. I do love it to be honest, I love 8thos.com so much more now that its on XenForo then what it was on vb and 8thos' enthusiasm for XenForo is very catchy.

I could say the same for you Mr lol

When I had the free trial I was blown away at how easy things were. I admin a Vb4 site and its so much more complex there and being a noob I tell you it felt like a rubix cube to me sometimes. I do love it to be honest, I love 8thos.com so much more now that its on XenForo then what it was on vb and 8thos' enthusiasm for XenForo is very catchy.
  • phpBB (php bulletin board)
  • SMF (simple machine forum)
  • MyBB (my bulletin board)
  • vBulletin (virtual board)
  • IPB (Invision power board)
  • WordPress BB (Word Press Bulletin Board)
  • Yotsuba
  • XenForo

I've used all of these. And XenForo seems to be my favorite development and company at the moment.

• phpBB (php bulletin board)
  • SMF (simple machine forum)
  • MyBB (my bulletin board)
  • vBulletin (virtual board)
  • IPB (Invision power board)
  • WordPress BB (Word Press Bulletin Board)
  • Yotsuba
  • XenForo

I've used all of these. And XenForo seems to be my favorite development and company at the moment.

Damn thats a lot!!! So I guess you dipped your pen in plenty of ink to make a sound decision then :)

Damn thats a lot!!! So I guess you dipped your pen in plenty of ink to make a sound decision then :)
Socially Uncensored has gone through a lot of changes, but I have also help administrate a few other communities.

The hardest of all those was IPB. Far to many redundant settings. It's like you had to say yes or no 4x in 5 different places get the effect you desired.

Socially Uncensored has gone through a lot of changes, but I have also help administrate a few other communities.

The hardest of all those was IPB. Far to many redundant settings. It's like you had to say yes or no 4x in 5 different places get the effect you desired.
Thats your site? I might have a little sticky beak lol whats it about?

I'm presuming a place where you can say what the heck you like :p

Thats your site? I might have a little sticky beak lol whats it about?

I'm presuming a place where you can say what the heck you like :p
Socially Uncensored = www.SociallyUncensored.eu

We're an uncensored community which allows everyone the freedom of speech and the freedom of information. We believe everyone has the god given right to express themselves and speak their thoughts, opinions, and ideas without the fear of censorship or political correctness.

Members are encouraged to be as vocal as they see fit.

Socially Uncensored = www.SociallyUncensored.eu

We're an uncensored community which allows everyone the freedom of speech and the freedom of information. We believe everyone has the god given right to express themselves and speak their thoughts, opinions, and ideas without the fear of censorship or political correctness.

Members are encouraged to be as vocal as they see fit.

Wouldnt that bring on some fighting? Are people really that civil to be able to voice an opinion the correct way? mmmm very interesting sir!! I will definitely be checking it out.

Wouldnt that bring on some fighting? Are people really that civil to be able to voice an opinion the correct way? mmmm very interesting sir!! I will definitely be checking it out.
I get that question all the time and for the most part, yes.

I find that we've developed a global consciousness, which is something I wasn't ever expecting. The members have kind of begun to police themselves. So there is order in the chaos... Much to my surprise.

I get that question all the time and for the most part, yes.

I find that we've developed a global consciousness, which is something I wasn't ever expecting. The members have kind of begun to police themselves. So there is order in the chaos... Much to my surprise.
I'm not going to lie you have me intrigued, I love debating something that most dont know about me. I can sit with someone and just debate on various topics.

I'm not going to lie you have me intrigued, I love debating something that most dont know about me. I can sit with someone and just debate on various topics.
I think you'd like it on SU. Unlimited freedom of expression and unlimited points of views.

If anything it would give you an idea on what to expect when you have your own site.

Only down point is the time lag... ie... From your location it's what, mid day? It's 3am here and most of everyone is sleeping and thus this is when I tweak the site (cause most everyone is offline).

I think you'd like it on SU. Unlimited freedom of expression and unlimited points of views.

If anything it would give you an idea on what to expect when you have your own site.

Only down point is the time lag... ie... From your location it's what, mid day? It's 3am here and most of everyone is sleeping and thus this is when I tweak the site (cause most everyone is offline).
My site isnt general like yours or 8thos.com it will be targeted to people that are doing/have gone through fertility issues and adoption. But hey there is so much controvercy in that subject that who know?

My site isnt general like yours or 8thos.com it will be targeted to people that are doing/have gone through fertility issues and adoption. But hey there is so much controvercy in that subject that who know?
We do have 3 members from Australia (out of the 800 other members); so you'll not be totally alone.

And yes, that would be an interesting subject.

Sounds great Adam, love the anon logo ;) best community ever :D

Also Xenforo is by far the best forum software and the best bit is, it's owned by the EX Pro's developers, business Managers VBulletin could get their hands and they slipped though their fingers, which caused VB to hate us Xenforo guys Lols because it's so much better than their crap they called VBulletin 4.

Top Bottom