Resource icon

WDB Popular Content 1.0.5

No permission to download
It varies depending on the time frame of the list but it's in the order of days, there is an option to turn the caching off.
If i turn that off does that update imediatly? aslo what i was talkina bout was .. could i change it so it updates evertime i click on popular content

If i turn that off does that update imediatly? aslo what i was talkina bout was .. could i change it so it updates evertime i click on popular content

Turning off caching will do that but if you have a lot of posts it will cause the page to take longer to process.

Prolblem:

When I uncheck the the cache.. my cometchat bar at the bottom seems to reload everytime i go to a diffrent page.. I think its uncacheing everythign on the site when i click uncache..

Prolblem:

When I uncheck the the cache.. my cometchat bar at the bottom seems to reload everytime i go to a diffrent page.. I think its uncacheing everythign on the site when i click uncache..

Are you 100% sure ? The caching function is entirely self-contained within the add-on, I really don't see how it is possible it could affect anything like that outside of the add-on.

Are you 100% sure ? The caching function is entirely self-contained within the add-on, I really don't see how it is possible it could affect anything like that outside of the add-on.

Im pretty shure.. cause my comet chat addon which i have installed reloads the members everytime i go to a diffrent page.. its only supposed to not cache in this mod right

Im pretty shure.. cause my comet chat addon which i have installed reloads the members everytime i go to a diffrent page.. its only supposed to not cache in this mod right

Yes, so can you experiment some more, try turning the add-on cache setting on and off a few more times and verify that the behavior of comet chat changes each time also.

Yes, so can you experiment some more, try turning the add-on cache setting on and off a few more times and verify that the behavior of comet chat changes each time also.
Okay that weird now its not doing it anymore.. so i guess its just comet chat being buggy sorry..

Hey btw wdb.. your and excellent person.. your right on it when I posted a error.. thanks man..

Thanks a bunch! I'm running this with Xenforo 1.4 and it seems to be working great so far. What an excellent add on.

This is my configuration:
Last week
Last month
Last year

I would however very much like to add "Last day" as we run a very busy forum. Has anyone tried adding a fourth option with success? I did try to modify the code myself but never really got anywhere.

Edit: It's also a bit strange that it displays the center tab by default. Shouldn't it start with the one on the far left? Makes more sense to me at least.

Last edited:
I love this add-on. 5 Stars!

I do have some questions/requests:

1. The maximum Time Frame (Days) it lets me input is only 1000days. Is there a way i can go above 1000 days? Thats only 2.7 years. I've had my forum for 7 years. I want to put in 2555 days or unlimited days.

2. When i click on "Popular Content" in the Nav Bar. It takes me to the Middle Tab (Last 3 Months) It seems the middle tab is the Default Tab. How can i change it so it goes to the First Tab starting on the left (Last 3 Weeks)

3. I don't quite understand what "Most Popular Threads" is relating too. What makes a Thread the Most Popular? Is it the amount of replies it got? Or the amount of likes it got? I am a little confused about this. All i see is "Contributors"

4. In the Navigation bar. I would like change switch around the "Recent Posts" and "Popular Content" I want the Popular Content before the Recent Posts.

This is an awesome add-on. I hope you keep developing it. Maybe have a fourth option? The Most Liked Threads (based on the # likes inside the thread) or the Most Replied Threads

Thanks!

Last edited:
there's been a handful of you (@serverguy , @surfsup , @QenTox ) who have indicated they'd like to see this function with an option of "most replied threads", rather than it being based on the number of contributors. have any of you been able to identify how to do this? else, @wdb , can you point us in the right direction to make the necessary edits to accomplish this?

thanks.

No i have not been able to do this. :unsure: My coding skills are not good enough.

I was only able to fix problem #2 on my last post.

What would be great would be to have 5 buttons.
1. Most Contributed Threads (a total of the number amount of contribuators a thread has received)
2. Most Viewed Threads(a total of the number amount of views a thread has received)
3. Most Replied Threads(a total of the number amount of replies a thread has received)
4. Most Liked Threads(a total of the number amount of likes a thread has received/adding up the total amount of likes inside the thread)
5. Most Liked Posts(a total of the number amount of likes a post has received)

Here is my mock up:

Capture.webp

No i have not been able to do this. :unsure: My coding skills are not good enough.

I was only able to fix problem #2 on my last post.

What would be great would be to have 5 buttons.
1. Most Contributed Threads (a total of the number amount of contribuators a thread has received)
2. Most Viewed Threads(a total of the number amount of views a thread has received)
3. Most Replied Threads(a total of the number amount of replies a thread has received)
4. Most Liked Threads(a total of the number amount of likes a thread has received/adding up the total amount of likes inside the thread)
5. Most Liked Posts(a total of the number amount of likes a post has received)

Here is my mock up:

View attachment 93012

Would be awesome :D

Up!
Just installed and works without problem on 1.5.11
It's a pity that nobody can make further development to this addon, it should be great to add some funtions mentioned above such as forum selection and so on.
Thanks for sharing your work @wdb

2. When i click on "Popular Content" in the Nav Bar. It takes me to the Middle Tab (Last 3 Months) It seems the middle tab is the Default Tab. How can i change it so it goes to the First Tab starting on the left (Last 3 Weeks)
Fixed here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/wdb-popular-content.47376/page-2#post-510723

Anyone with extra updates/mods?? :)

Works perfectly with XF 1.5.14. Please consider to maintain this great add-on! It would be a loss to lose it in future.

Top Bottom