Ways to get users to add an avatar?

Simon

As the title states, I have a few members that have not added an avatar to their account.

Xenforo looks great with avatars and am looking at ways in which I can get members to add an avatar to their account without coming across as pushy, aggressive or forceful.

Has anyone thought or tried ways to get those without avatars to add one?

I know at the end of the day it's the users choice if they wish to add one or not but the community looks so much better if everyone had one.

Ideas, suggestion welcome
smile.png

I don't know to which audience your forum caters but in my experience many users have technical problems uploading avatars, resizing them and so on - at least with vb. We actively help users with their avatar problems.

Just to check: there's not currently a way to make a trophy that gets added if someone has a custom avatar (i.e. if user's avatar =/= one of the default avatar URLs, trophy is awarded)? That'd be a nice way to do it if that's available (but unfortunately, I don't think it is).

I've always found a good bare bottom spanking will get most naughty peeps to tow the line.

That or bribery ;)

that's a really great idea...

Or prune them. I see users who haven't set avatars are just lazy members ready to give up some lurking so they are pruned (accounts removed).

I'm not really fussed on the amount of members at my site but would rather see dead weight accounts removed rather than them being there or running after them to do simplistic tasks to show they want to be part of a forum.

No there isn't.
I suggested it before knowing what the trophy criteria was.
Or following from that, promoting a member to a group with more privileges once they've set an avatar would be great.

I know you can extend your own user criteria as per Chris Deeming's guide but it would be nice to have "user has an avatar" built in by default.

Or prune them. I see users who haven't set avatars are just lazy members ready to give up some lurking so they are pruned (accounts removed).

I'm not really fussed on the amount of members at my site but would rather see dead weight accounts removed rather than them being there or running after them to do simplistic tasks to show they want to be part of a forum.
I prune zero posts accounts. For instance, I pruned you lol. Actually, it's more like Floris addon pruned you.

I prune zero posts accounts. For instance, I pruned you lol. Actually, it's more like Floris addon pruned you.

As it should be no exceptions. :D Did I register at your site, I don't think I actually did? If memory recalls I helped you out with an issue you had trouble with (sidebar) and you created me an admin account to fix it.

Top Bottom