Lack of interest [Suggestion] Option to force all users to have an avatar

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Forcing members to do things against their will is the quickest way to drive them away.

I can't imagine this will ever make it into the core but you can always ask someone to code an add-on for it.

I suggested awarding a trophy for uploading an avatar but that's currently not possible.

Maybe a reminded PC would be cool, after all on XenForo an avatar really sort of defines a user to a certain extent I feel. A simple PC after X amount of time is sent saying,

"Hey I see you haven't chosen your avatar yet, did you know you can easily upload an image off your computer to use one?"

More of a mod than a core feature I feel.

Avatars play an important role in Xenforo.
I think users sense that and avatar adoption seems high in xenforo vs. other products.
Avatar selecting in xenforo is also very smooth ... so that helps avatar uptake.
I wouldn't force a user to pick an avatar, when they do, it shows another level of commitment.

I think when a user complete registration then redirect to next steps (of course skip-able), asking for avatar uploads, invite friends would be very useful, like facebook does.

An option to force users to use avatars other than the defaults.
Personally I do not care much for this. They are already having an avatar, unknown generic, unknown (fe)male, or their custom one or gravatar.

Top Bottom