• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest [Suggestion] Option to force all users to have an avatar

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Forcing members to do things against their will is the quickest way to drive them away.

I can't imagine this will ever make it into the core but you can always ask someone to code an add-on for it.

I suggested awarding a trophy for uploading an avatar but that's currently not possible.

Russ

Maybe a reminded PC would be cool, after all on XenForo an avatar really sort of defines a user to a certain extent I feel. A simple PC after X amount of time is sent saying,

"Hey I see you haven't chosen your avatar yet, did you know you can easily upload an image off your computer to use one?"

More of a mod than a core feature I feel.

Digital Doctor

Avatars play an important role in Xenforo.
I think users sense that and avatar adoption seems high in xenforo vs. other products.
Avatar selecting in xenforo is also very smooth ... so that helps avatar uptake.
I wouldn't force a user to pick an avatar, when they do, it shows another level of commitment.

Veer

I think when a user complete registration then redirect to next steps (of course skip-able), asking for avatar uploads, invite friends would be very useful, like facebook does.

F

Floris

An option to force users to use avatars other than the defaults.
Personally I do not care much for this. They are already having an avatar, unknown generic, unknown (fe)male, or their custom one or gravatar.