Implemented "Watch this Resource" button

Vincent

watch.webp

I find this better looking then the current "Watch this Resource" button.
Don't mind about the <br />

This might also be placed at the place where the download and discuss buttons are :)
The button needs some better border, but was too lazy.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
That's what I meant :)
Thanks Shelley!

I was thinking if it was possible to have a different color for when unwatched and watched (I'm sure you'll know what I mean), but I don't know which other color would be good. Perhaps you know?

I think the colour is irrelevant since colours will be using pulled off the color palette and picked by the developers. It was more to show what the button would look like more than anything in this location rather than in the information block. The concern here is the amount of padding: ignore toomuch; in the buttons and if lowered to compensate and give the content more space. Plus, you'll have to hope users don't use animated avatars as the larger avatars display animations if memory recalls.

I think the colour is irrelevant since colours will be using pulled off the color palette and picked by the developers. It was more to show what the button would look like more than anything in this location rather than in the information block. The concern here is the amount of padding: ignore toomuch; in the buttons and if lowered to compensate and give the content more space. Plus, you'll have to hope users don't use animated avatars as the larger avatars display animations if memory recalls.

Hmm, that makes sense :)
Thanks

what about having the Link for "Watch Resource" in the same position as the "Watch Thread" ?

Why re-inventing the wheel and changing a clean and successful user-interface by cluttering it with some strange buttons?

watch_resource_position.gif

When I watch a resource .... what exactly am I watching and not watching.

maybe the "Resource Discussions" ? but those are anyway in another thread... ;)

so for an Add-on, you need to watch the "Resource" and also watch the "Resource Discussion" ?
This is another case of the need for merging both "Resource" and its discussions into ONE cohesive block.

Good grief!
It's really not that difficult a concept to understand.

If you watch a resource and it is updated with a new version or blog post then you will be notified.

what about having the Link for "Watch Resource" in the same position as the "Watch Thread" ?

Why re-inventing the wheel and changing a clean and successful user-interface by cluttering it with some strange buttons?

View attachment 24445

I have thought about that too, but I actually found that in this context the green button would look better than the small link (My own opinion)

Personally I don't like the icon idea (below) but it shows you what it would look like with icons instead of text and gives members an idea what it would look like on the chance they suggest icons.

watch-discuss.webp

It's been moved - it is intentionally not a huge button, as we don't need to draw massive attention to it. However, it is in a much more prominent spot now, so I'm going to call this "implemented".

It's been moved - it is intentionally not a huge button, as we don't need to draw massive attention to it. However, it is in a much more prominent spot now, so I'm going to call this "implemented".

Before you walk away did you try it under the discuss resource button? Just that since it's not being styled like the other buttons the placement below might be better.

Top Bottom