Add-on Was wondering if this kind of add-on was in the works

oO5 Dynasty

was wondering if any developer had this kind of add-on in the works or if it could be done. on Twitch.tv they have a Alert section where you receive special alerts from twitch.
I think it would be totally cool to have this for xenforo, where you can post images etc... in this Alert section for all of your site members.
The way i see this section work is every time twitch wants you to see something they post it in this drop down menu and you will receive and alert of new post.1507092945915.webp

You mean there is like a third alert-laden box, Inbox + Alerts + Twitch?

If you just mean internally, there are other add-ons where you can post media, and subscribe to other people. Maybe they, or a combination of two, already do this.

You mean there is like a third alert-laden box, Inbox + Alerts + Twitch?

If you just mean internally, there are other add-ons where you can post media, and subscribe to other people. Maybe they, or a combination of two, already do this.
The Crown Alert Box on twitch.tv is an alert box where the staff at twitch can use images and Links etc to promote content. The entire website gets a new alert icon when twitch post new content in this Alert box. So I wanted to achieve this with my site, so at anytime i can send out a cool alert to my entire site in the navigation menu. The use of images etc in a alert box is an awesome idea, and would love to have this for my site.

Sounds better to do it that way. When you start injecting promotions into a personal alerts area it spoils their trust and annoys them.

If you don't want another tab for it (which would probably be overkill given what we have already), you can do similar things with the alert users system (which allows HTML).
I was kind of thinking of doing it in a another tab to keep the personal alerts away from Promotional alerts. Is their a way i can duplicate the xenforo alerts tab to create a promotional tab which has the same ability to put HTML etc....

Top Bottom