Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 2.9.5

No permission to download
apologies if this has already been asked, but i read the entire thread and couldn't find anything

i seem to have a bit of a problem with this:
1536614675992.webp
can't edit the title or remove it ... and in the warning form it displays like this:
1536614719966.webp
which is not ideal

is there any way to fix this?

---

also one more question - i know it's already possible to post a thread to a specific node when a warning action is triggered ... but would it also be possible to somehow let that user only post specifically in that thread and nowhere else in the forum (preferably automatically)?

so as an example - i create a "can't post" user group which gets assigned to a user when they cross the warning point threshold of 5 ... this also automatically creates a thread with all the info about the warning action in a "Restricted Users" sub-forum ... and then the user is only able to post in that thread until the warnings expire or moderators/admins remove them manually

Last edited:
apologies if this has already been asked, but i read the entire thread and couldn't find anything

i seem to have a bit of a problem with this:
View attachment 183231
can't edit the title or remove it ... and in the warning form it displays like this:
View attachment 183232
which is not ideal

is there any way to fix this?
Upgrade to 2.1.12, it runs a bugfix to ensure that phrase is always created incase it wasn't for some reason.

also one more question - i know it's already possible to post a thread to a specific node when a warning action is triggered ... but would it also be possible to somehow let that user only post specifically in that thread and nowhere else in the forum (preferably automatically)?

so as an example - i create a "can't post" user group which gets assigned to a user when they cross the warning point threshold of 5 ... this also automatically creates a thread with all the info about the warning action in a "Restricted Users" sub-forum ... and then the user is only able to post in that thread until the warnings expire or moderators/admins remove them manually
You can use User Essentials with it's "[UserEss] Post replies in other's threads" permission. Alternatively Collaborative threads, and a forum where the user lacks a "View Other" permission and pay for some dev time to integrate Warning Improvements to automatically add the warned user as a collaborator so they can see that thread but not other normal users

Upgrade to 2.1.12, it runs a bugfix to ensure that phrase is always created incase it wasn't for some reason.
that worked perfectly ... thank you! :)

You can use User Essentials with it's "[UserEss] Post replies in other's threads" permission. Alternatively Collaborative threads, and a forum where the user lacks a "View Other" permission and pay for some dev time to integrate Warning Improvements to automatically add the warned user as a collaborator so they can see that thread but not other normal users
i'll look into it, thank you very much! :)

Reactions: Xon
It will reply to an existing thread on a warning, but has an option to start a new thread when a warning trigger action occurs

I've been looking for this option but cannot find it, has it been removed from options?

It should respect the forum default prefix.

Yes but what I am suggesting is a specified prefix depending on the actual warning action. For example we have 6 point action moves to moderated user group, 9 point action temporary ban, 12 point action permanent ban.

So a prefix e.g. for Moderation, temp ban, permanent ban is what I would love to have. I was thinking all weaning logs and actions go to same forum, but the actions have the prefixes to distinguish them easily.

I just noticed, may custom warning is not deletable with the addon enabled (no trash bin icon). Is there a reason for that? Can't find anything in options.

I just noticed, may custom warning is not deletable with the addon enabled (no trash bin icon). Is there a reason for that? Can't find anything in options.
Re-adding the custom warning record is painful, but you can put it into a group a disable access to that group

The 'issue reply ban' option is part of Report Improvements for XF1, and will be added once Report Improvements/Report Queues is ported to XF2.

Top Bottom