Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 2.9.5

No permission to download
Warnings list in user profile. Set a expiry time for 1 hour. It expired and the warning says it expired. However still shows time left to expire. Hovering over it looks to expire on the next hour 4pm. Even though it actually expired on 3:27.
1672778490583.webp

This was a crappy workaround for the expiring warnings not really working as expected, so it rounded up to the next hour on display.

The warning should actually expire on the next page load.

Try disabling the template modifications with the "Use rounded expiry" text as a work-around.

Why can't I edit spoiler content after ticking "Spoiler contents" and giving a warning? I can't edit the name, nor can I remove it.

brave_k8mYUstZRv.webp

Do you have a warning type selected?

Try force refreshing the page without using the cache, sometimes the javascript doesn't load all the time and leaves some of the controls in a buggy state.

Do you have a warning type selected?

Try force refreshing the page without using the cache, sometimes the javascript doesn't load all the time and leaves some of the controls in a buggy state.
While giving a warning, I mark the spoiler section and save it, then I can't edit it. I removed the warning, the message still contains spoilers. It would be nice if the spoiler content was also removed after the warning was removed, or if it was possible to remove it.

Hello,
I wanted to thank you for this plugin, it's great like your other plugins.
I thought of another function that I would be happy to have:
Currently there is an option to choose whether all warnings will be sent anonymously, or not. I thought it would be nice if the default was that the warning was sent from the warning moderator, but there would be an option for the moderator when warned, to set their warning to be anonymous. However, administrators or other administrators will be shown who issued the warning.

Getting this bug, dunno what's causing it:

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/748753.cl...', 1187, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1187): trigger_error('Method getLdStr...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/member_view.php(42): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'getLdStructured...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('member_view', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Member\\View', 'public:member_v...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

And this one too:
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/748753.cl...', 1060, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1060): trigger_error('Filter url_disp...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s7/public/message_macros.php(357): XF\Template\Templater->filter('https://mesozoi...', Array, true)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(825): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s7/public/post_macros.php(26): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('message_macros', 'user_info', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('user_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s7/public/post_macros.php(154): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('user_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('full_body', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s7/public/post_macros.php(219): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('full_body', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(825): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#12 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s7/public/thread_view.php(854): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#14 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#20 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#21 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#22 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#23 {main}

Running XF 2.2.12.

You've got an add-on depending on XF2.2.13 functionality while using XF2.2.12. None of my add-ons do that.
hm, not sure how to check which addon is causing it.

I'm assuming 2.9.0 for this addon is for .13. Would 2.8.7 be for .12?

Edit: It may be UI.X for my theme Tactical.

Edit 2: Yep. It's UI.X/Tactical. Went through and enabled one addon at a time and avoided TH addons. It has some nice stuff in it that lets me have multiple game backgrounds people can choose from, but the renewal was only $2.50. May have to look into a diff theme.

Edit 3: Hmm . . . even StylesFactory's Vertiforo is doing it too. Wut.

Last edited:
I would like to set up a system where if a user goes one year without receiving any new warnings, their warning points will be reduced by 5.
Is that possible with this addon?

That isn't supported.

The closes thing is it suggests the default expiry to be increased when users have X points in all warnings (including expired) and then this starts ignoring warnings which are old enough.

@Xon is there a way to expire warning_action via SQL?
No, there is a pile of php-only actions which need to be done to expire warnings and warning actions.

You can script triggering the expiry from a php script if you have an sql query to find affected users

I'm having a slight problem with this excellent addon.

I have anonymised the conversations with no username in the box so they are from guest staff..

This is fine but mods are [EDIT] sometimes unticking tick the box to lock the conversation and users are replying, but the reply goes nowhere.

Perhaps when conversations are from guest staff they should be automatically locked for replies.

Is this please possible?

[EDIT] I know the box can be ticked by default, however Im suggesting that the box is not even there in this case as it should never be possible to reply to a guest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom