1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warn on reply to locked thread?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Rmarmorstein, May 1, 2016.

1. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein Member

I am looking for something that would be able to warn, or have some kind of notice to a staff member that when they are replying to a locked thread.

I have one staff member who keeps replying to locked threads..

Does anything like this exist? I know with some other forum softwares you get a message that says you are replying to a locked thread above the editor, not sure if there is a way to implement this?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

There isn't a message that appears in the editor, but it's fairly obvious when the thread is locked. After all, a banner is visible not far from the editor and at the top of the thread, too.

I appreciate it's not "in the editor" but I'm somewhat surprised that anyone can miss it...
    Amaury likes this.
  3. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein Member

I know, I don't know how they're missing it.

Do you know where to edit the css for that thread-status message and maybe make it a little bit bigger, and red?
  4. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

It's been a huge issue since vBulletin. No surprise to us since it's been going on for a decade I'm various forums.

There is an add-on that hides the editor. You can still reply but it makes it more obvious that way.
  5. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein Member

Would you happen to know the name of that addon or have a link to it?

Thank you :)
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I suspect it could be achieved with a simple template edit and conditional statement.
  7. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein Member

What template would be the best to look at? I know how to edit code and what not, I just am not sure which templates are the right place to start.
  8. rainmotorsports

Brogan thats pretty much what it is. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/hide-the-quick-reply-box-in-closed-threads.1882/
  9. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein Member

10. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

11. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein Member

It's probably only a small template edit hiding the editor, it works like a charm on the most recent xf version.
    whynot likes this.
  12. rainmotorsports

I'm running it now...
    whynot likes this.