Warn on reply to locked thread?

I am looking for something that would be able to warn, or have some kind of notice to a staff member that when they are replying to a locked thread.

I have one staff member who keeps replying to locked threads..

Does anything like this exist? I know with some other forum softwares you get a message that says you are replying to a locked thread above the editor, not sure if there is a way to implement this?

Thanks

There isn't a message that appears in the editor, but it's fairly obvious when the thread is locked. After all, a banner is visible not far from the editor and at the top of the thread, too.

upload_2016-5-1_20-56-40.webp

I appreciate it's not "in the editor" but I'm somewhat surprised that anyone can miss it...

I know, I don't know how they're missing it.

Do you know where to edit the css for that thread-status message and maybe make it a little bit bigger, and red?

There isn't a message that appears in the editor, but it's fairly obvious when the thread is locked. After all, a banner is visible not far from the editor and at the top of the thread, too.

View attachment 133424

I appreciate it's not "in the editor" but I'm somewhat surprised that anyone can miss it...

It's been a huge issue since vBulletin. No surprise to us since it's been going on for a decade I'm various forums.

There is an add-on that hides the editor. You can still reply but it makes it more obvious that way.

It's been a huge issue since vBulletin. No surprise to us since it's been going on for a decade I'm various forums.

There is an add-on that hides the editor. You can still reply but it makes it more obvious that way.

Would you happen to know the name of that addon or have a link to it?

Thank you :)

I suspect it could be achieved with a simple template edit and conditional statement.

Would you happen to know the name of that addon or have a link to it?

Thank you :)

I suspect it could be achieved with a simple template edit and conditional statement.

What template would be the best to look at? I know how to edit code and what not, I just am not sure which templates are the right place to start.

Brogan thats pretty much what it is. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/hide-the-quick-reply-box-in-closed-threads.1882/

Top Bottom