XF 2.0 Wanting to post to Facebook - Thread post

So, I want to be able to share threads on a Facebook page. When I copy and paste the URL in to a Facebook post on a page, this is what appears

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 6.31.01 AM.webp

This is how I would like it to look....

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 6.31.56 AM.webp

Is there a guide on how to style a thread to get it to show up on Facebook with an image and post excerpt?

This is an option of XenForo, it allows to add an image with links, as on Facebook for example.

Style properties -> Basic options -> Metedata logo ;)
THANK YOU.
That gets us the first step so the post on FB will be identified as coming from our CF Forum.

Any idea how to get FB to pull in the embedded image that might accompany a post inside of XF?

Display another image than the one defined by the metadata ?
But won't the meta data link establish a default static image that is attached to every post linked to by FB?
If the posts on XF have a unique image embeded in them, right now FB generates a listing for that post without any visual image.
Something in Facebook is not picking up on the image in the XF post right now.
Trying to figure out how to get FB to capture and display the image.
Look at the example in Post #1.
That is exactly what I am seeing when cut and paste the URL from XF into FB.

Formatted Text Header, and a snipit of the post content, but no image from the post itself.

But won't the meta data link establish a default static image that is attached to every post linked to by FB?
If the posts on XF have a unique image embeded in them, right now FB generates a listing for that post without any visual image.
Something in Facebook is not picking up on the image in the XF post right now.
Trying to figure out how to get FB to capture and display the image.
Look at the example in Post #1.
That is exactly what I am seeing when cut and paste the URL from XF into FB.

Formatted Text Header, and a snipit of the post content, but no image from the post itself.
Yes the metadata image applies to all links you share on FB. I'm not sure if I understand correctly. You want to add a custom image for a special link on FB ?

Yes the metadata image applies to all links you share on FB. I'm not sure if I understand correctly. You want to add a custom image for a special link on FB ?

Okay, right now if we have a thread in ZF that starts off with an image in it, and you attempt to post the URL from that thread to FB, you will NOT get any image attached to the FB Post. FB is not generating its normal preview of an external post coming from XF 2.xx

Okay, right now if we have a thread in ZF that starts off with an image in it, and you attempt to post the URL from that thread to FB, you will NOT get any image attached to the FB Post. FB is not generating its normal preview of an external post coming from XF 2.xx
Okay, I understand. But I think I can't help you anymore than that, sorry. :confused:

Top Bottom