Want refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really is no need for one, and it would actually make it less extensive to do that imo.

Hell, all you need to do for images is @imagePath/path/to/image and its there.
I'm away that there are some places you can change photos via the style properties, but it maybe limited compared to what is out there.

Don't get me wrong... I like it. I just think it could use more. For example, this text box I'm writing.... How would I have an image for the reply buttons and another image for the boarder of the editor...ect.... Unless I'm missing something (which could be possible).

Late reply but......

If you've already downloaded XenForo from your client area, then you shouldn't get/deserve a refund, seeing as you can use it to put up on warez sites etc. Not saying you would do that or anything but it just isn't right to get a refund for a digital product you've already downloaded and most likely still have on your hard drive somewhere.

As earlier posted.
11. Refund Policy

We will maintain a reasonable policy regarding requests for refunds. We reserve the right to refuse a refund or to apply a partial refund. An administration charge may be applied where a refund is offered.
Is there an actual policy somewhere? Or is it make it up as they go along?

I'm away that there are some places you can change photos via the style properties, but it maybe limited compared to what is out there.

Don't get me wrong... I like it. I just think it could use more. For example, this text box I'm writing.... How would I have an image for the reply buttons and another image for the boarder of the editor...ect.... Unless I'm missing something (which could be possible).

All of this is possible with CSS.

As earlier posted.
Most software companies do not refund once a sale is made, due to the fact that it is easy to pirate the software.

All of this is possible with CSS.

Which brings me back to my original post (validating it)

The only thing XenForo is missing, is a point and click interface for images.... ie... Adding images without editing the ccs code manually. vBulletin has one (though it is confusing at times), IPB has one, and phpBB has one as well.

If there is one in XenForo .... I confess I've not yet come over it.

Most software companies do not refund once a sale is made, due to the fact that it is easy to pirate the software.

Agreed

the fact that they are willing to consider it is a courtesy they don't have to extend for sure...

I'm assuming it's case by case, having a written down refund policy for software is a rather picky situation.
Perhaps the policy should simply say, NO REFUNDS instead of being ambiguous. But that is not for any of us to decide.
Which is fine if that is xenforo's policy.

The original poster had a legitimate question which can not be answered by any of us.
And perhaps the first reply should have been to contact support or sales.

Rather disappointed seeing this thread.

Xenforo is more customisable that all th eother on the market. For a change they have actually thought about how to make every single process simple and easy to use unlike the rest.

If you go back to using the free alternative you will not only find your forum is not fit for discussions but constant application errors and bugs.

We have used and have tried every forum software on the market, and we always find bugs.

If you are on a shared platform what is there to say your ISP won't just upgrade the servers php version.

The good thing about xenforo from a development point of view is regradless the php version, your forum will work. We've tried this with VB, phpBB, IPBoard, myBB etc the list goes on, and xenforo was the only one that stood the test.

Then it comes down to customisation. takes very little know how to get started, so I really can't see why you would want a refund. You are getting a lot more value for money and not only can you get mods available that actually work, with no hacking required, like some we know already.

Think you just need to read the documentation or ask if you need help.

As earlier posted.
7 days to cancel purchase for non-faulty goods

In the EU, you have the right to cancel your online purchase within seven working days.
This seven-day “cooling off” period begins on the day when you receive your purchase.
You can choose to cancel your order for any reason within this timeframe – even if you simply changed your mind.
The seller must give you a refund within 30 days. This refund must include any shipping charges you paid when you made your purchase.
This applies whenever you buy goods outside a shop (for example by phone, fax, or mail order, as well as on the internet).

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/online-shopping/returning-unwanted-goods/index_en.htm

Seems pretty clear to me.

I wouldn't refund a dime if I were XF. There is a admin-demo for a reason. Use it, and maybe you won't have this problem. It's the OP's fault.

Also, on another note, I have FUN styling XF. It's very, very simple.

7 days to cancel purchase for non-faulty goods

In the EU, you have the right to cancel your online purchase within seven working days.
This seven-day “cooling off” period begins on the day when you receive your purchase.
You can choose to cancel your order for any reason within this timeframe – even if you simply changed your mind.
The seller must give you a refund within 30 days. This refund must include any shipping charges you paid when you made your purchase.
This applies whenever you buy goods outside a shop (for example by phone, fax, or mail order, as well as on the internet).

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/online-shopping/returning-unwanted-goods/index_en.htm

Seems pretty clear to me.
Want to bet pretty much every pirate in the EU abuses this law?

7 days is more than enough to null a piece of software.

I'm very bipolar and often regret purchases I've bought thousands of dollars worth of studio microphones just to hear how they sound compared to each other. I've wasted 100's upon 100's of dollars reselling the microphones enough to buy probably 7 copies of xenforo and all I can say is as someone who pirates a lot of software and has modified and created a lot of software that I hold almost no value in software and only bought xenforo for the license so I think it's only good for the company to offer refunds or partial refunds. Even microphone companies will gladly let you try their microphones and return them because nobody wants to be stuck with a 1000 dollar microphone that doesnt perform well for what you need it for and having to resell it. Digital software holds absolutely no physical value. I will never buy a product from invision power board again because of how much I hate the software and couldn't refund it. I didn't bug them about it but It has been 6 years since I bought their software and i can stil lsay it was like throwing money in the toilet. I gained nothing from buying their software.

It is a completely immoral move to not offer refunds to customers who realize they are not prepared to use the product they purchased. Too much money too little brains, lol.

Also, I love ebay. Microphone companies who dont allow you to return microphones get eaten alive with their buyer protection program. You can shove that mic down their throat if they dont wanna take it back or try to take a large portion of the money for the return.

Although I'm happy with my purchase of xenforo when I first got it I was full of anxiety thinking they wouldnt offer good add-ons or the software simply wouldn't be for me etc but so far I'm happy with it. I still think that I could have paid half price for burning board 3 which i think is all i really needed or hell maybe even a free forum software maybe even a free hosting forum that would cost me nothing and a google sites account for a crappy little site then all i woulda had to buy was a domain instead of spending near 300 bucks for a few years of hosting and xenforo.

anyway, im making the most out of my purchases being a little web developer and its forcing me to push what i wanted to do even harder. i try to look back at my microphone buying experience. now i use a blue yeti microphone that only costs 100 dollars and in soem ways its better than a lot of more expensive mics ive used. theyre all different not better and most the time its what you do with it that matter and has nothing todo with how much you paid.

a wordpress and a free forum software can do way better than a xenforo site if you know what youre doing.

I'm very bipolar and often regret purchases I've bought thousands of dollars worth of studio microphones just to hear how they sound compared to each other. I've wasted 100's upon 100's of dollars reselling the microphones enough to buy probably 7 copies of xenforo and all I can say is as someone who pirates a lot of software and has modified and created a lot of software that I hold almost no value in software and only bought xenforo for the license so I think it's only good for the company to offer refunds or partial refunds. Even microphone companies will gladly let you try their microphones and return them because nobody wants to be stuck with a 1000 dollar microphone that doesnt perform well for what you need it for and having to resell it. Digital software holds absolutely no physical value. I will never buy a product from invision power board again because of how much I hate the software and couldn't refund it. I didn't bug them about it but It has been 6 years since I bought their software and i can stil lsay it was like throwing money in the toilet. I gained nothing from buying their software.

It is a completely immoral move to not offer refunds to customers who realize they are not prepared to use the product they purchased. Too much money too little brains, lol.

Also, I love ebay. Microphone companies who dont allow you to return microphones get eaten alive with their buyer protection program. You can shove that mic down their throat if they dont wanna take it back or try to take a large portion of the money for the return.

Although I'm happy with my purchase of xenforo when I first got it I was full of anxiety thinking they wouldnt offer good add-ons or the software simply wouldn't be for me etc but so far I'm happy with it. I still think that I could have paid half price for burning board 3 which i think is all i really needed or hell maybe even a free forum software maybe even a free hosting forum that would cost me nothing and a google sites account for a crappy little site then all i woulda had to buy was a domain instead of spending near 300 bucks for a few years of hosting and xenforo.

anyway, im making the most out of my purchases being a little web developer and its forcing me to push what i wanted to do even harder. i try to look back at my microphone buying experience. now i use a blue yeti microphone that only costs 100 dollars and in soem ways its better than a lot of more expensive mics ive used. theyre all different not better and most the time its what you do with it that matter and has nothing todo with how much you paid.

a wordpress and a free forum software can do way better than a xenforo site if you know what youre doing.

This thread is almost a year old.

Just get a shure mic.

Just get a shure mic.
ive owned a pg27usb, sm58, sm57, and sm7b. the pg27usb came out of the box defective. first mic i ever bought new that was defective. apparently they have a history of bad wiring with that line of mics. the sm58, sm57, and sm7b are overrated for studio recording. the sm7b is a colored low detail rounded sounding mic. I can see why they usually only use that mic for screaming, broadcasting (sounds weak compared to someone using a condenser if they are having a conversation with eachother even with presence boost and bass rolloff engaged), live stage use. and of course the 57 and 58 are essentially the same thing as the sm7b but with thinner body to their sound and honkier and of course have a transformer. I haven't used any of their higher end condensers and i dont like neodymium magnet mics as i dont think they sound as natural.

basically what im trying to say is **** SHURE lol.for what i do anyway... ive also owned the re320, re20, re27, nd767a, sennheiser mk4, nt1-a, at2020, at2035, at4040. I'm sure I'm missing a few.

none of them are that great. They all have their problems. I mainly just use the blue yeti for a camera mic when im filming a few feet away from the camera to get rid of echo and background noise. i keep the yeti by the camera though so it has a realistic distance airy sound. i think talking in front of the mic makes you look like a douchebag lol or maybe its cause i have a ****ty yeti now. i like the at4040 the best i think its one of the best mics under 300 dollars and better than the akg c214 and blue bird. its a flat smooth mic with no sibiliance issues. more sensitive and less grungy/thin/bright than the at2035. its not perfect though definitely needs a lot of eq to clean it up. /mic rant

559642_460500400696865_53661356_n.jpg

also, id like ot add the sm7b is my second favorite mic. heres a audio test with it i think in this test i took out too much bass with eq
https://soundcloud.com/dreamcaseal/sm7beq

heres a test between a few other mics. these are just some old halfassed tests i didnt mean to show to people
https://soundcloud.com/dreamcaseal/767a-sm57-re320-test
https://soundcloud.com/dreamcaseal/re20-re27
https://soundcloud.com/dreamcaseal/eq-mk4-1

nt1-a then at4040 i think this was testing room reverb on the at4040
https://soundcloud.com/electrocaseal/untitled-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom