Lack of interest Wall of Text Breaker

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Sal Collaziano

Forums aren't quite what they used to be. There are still plenty of busy forums, but they're far and few between. Besides social media taking more and more of people's free time, we have our own issues that can prevent people from participating in our forums.

I was reading through the new posts at one of my busier forums trying to figure out why there's not more participation. One of the conclusions I came to is that people probably aren't even taking the first step to having a conversation: reading

I saw many examples of huge, long walls of text. I thought to myself, "Nobody is going to read this". So I started going into posts and manually breaking up these walls.

Would it be very challenging to create an option to either automatically break up these walls of text - or run an option to do so from time to time? I strongly believe there are many cases where good conversations could be had, creating more content to be crawled, if people would be less inclined to leave the page at the site of 10,000 words all together in a single paragraph.

Attention spans aren't getting any longer in 2018 - and forums could use all the help they can get...

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom