Fixed Reply input box freezes entire page when highlighting 3000 lines of text

⭐ Alex ⭐

Affected version
So, why am I highlighting 3000 lines of text? Because I pasted in some source code not knowing it wouldn't send, so I wanted to highlight and remove it.

Reproduction Steps:

Browser: Firefox 79.0

Step 1: Get to a message input box either by trying to respond to a thread or creating a new one.
Step 2: Hit insert code bbcode (under more options) -> paste in some text with 3000 lines or so click continue.
Step 3: Just press control + A (Select All) Painstakingly highlight all the code by starting at the end and drag highlighting until it's all highlighted.
Step 4: The web page will be unresponsive and you may get a message saying the page is slowing down your browser. Let go the mouse button and investigate the status of your mouse cursor, it should be an I all over

1596069083075.png

I think the editor is doing some processing while it's highlighted. It does not freeze at all while no text is highlighted.

What I expected:

No freeze ups, or perhaps the insert code bb-code not allowing that much code to be inputted in the first place.

I've reproduced this and passed it upstream to the Froala devs:

Thanks for standing up for my strange case of pasting a large amount of text in. Haha!

I'm not sure when it was fixed but I just tested this and it now seems to be working fine on the version of Froala we're running here.

Feel free to give it a try and let us know if it is still not working for you.

Top Bottom