Waiting to buy XenForo 1.1

Hi,

I want to start my first fan forum site and really want to use XenForo. I am not technical so I will probably go with the install service option. I figure once it is all installed it will be 2-4 weeks of posting some starter messages, and just playing around with the admin part of the application until I feel I can market the site to fans.

I hate to buy the current version and then have to deal with upgrading to 1.1 if I can hold off for a few weeks and start with the official release of version 1.1. I don't want to setup a logo and other stuff in XenForo and wonder if the upgrade will work within my firs few weeks or months of buying it. I really want to focus on building the community when I start.

So right now I am in wait and see mode.

Steve

Shouldn't be too long now, Beta 5 has just been released within the last 5 minutes.

However, upgrading is a painless 5 minute job, so it really makes little difference if you install 1.0 now.

Judging by the process of upgrading in the past, your logo should remain as it is. You basically set it in a style property, and never have to look back.

As for other stuff, if you make all CSS changes to EXTRA.css, you also ought to be fine styling wise. As others stated, installing and upgrading is a breeze.

Should you still require assistance, we would be happy to help you out, though :)

k within my firs few weeks or months of buying it. I really want to focus on building the community when I start.

So right now I am in wait and see mode.

Steve

If you already know you are going to buy a license, I'd say don't hesitate and grab it now. You can spend time learning the basics, even get to upgrade forums and most of the work you'll do will carry over to the final 1.1 once it's released anyway. Yeah, you might have to make some changes here and there, but as others said... it's not going to be much of a hassle. It's great software, I am sure you'll have fun using it. :)

Thanks Guys. I purchased the current version and am in the process of getting it setup. I am sure I will have loads of questions to come.

- Steve
Great! Wonderful to see another happy customer :)
Honestly, installation and upgrading are a painless 5-10 minute job depending on where you have your logos stored and whatnot. Even I(not very code-smart) can do it :)

Top Bottom