rdn

From this screenshot:
Capture.webp
Should I load the two disk?
How should I choose the correct disk?
Just any of them?

This is the first I'm doing this :D

Last edited:
Was it configured with Software RAID. If so, that looks correct as the one on the left is probably the mirror drive (if RAID 1) and the one on the right is the one that will be used as data. I've never used OVH's setup routine (and when I hit my server it's via KVM to set it up so it's like sitting at an actual system).

But I'd wait on @MattW to reply since he's set one of their servers up.

Reactions: rdn
If it wasn't for their stinking $69 setup fee, I'd grab one to play with but would probably only end up keeping it for a few months (would get it to look at setting up a minecraft server to try out). My current server would work for it, but the DDOS protection would be nice.

On my server they are hardware RAID. With software it's a little different. I'f MattW hasn't replied shortly I'll go ahead and grab one to play with (hell, it's only $80 a month) to set up.
I'm about to leave the house to run several errands and won't be back for about 1.5 hours. If he hasn't responded by then I'll go ahead and grab one.

On my server they are hardware RAID. With software it's a little different. I'f MattW hasn't replied shortly I'll go ahead and grab one to play with (hell, it's only $80 a month) to set up.
I'm about to leave the house to run several errands and won't be back for about 1.5 hours. If he hasn't responded by then I'll go ahead and grab one.
WoW, Thanks a lot ! :)

Was it configured with Software RAID. If so, that looks correct as the one on the left is probably the mirror drive (if RAID 1) and the one on the right is the one that will be used as data. I've never used OVH's setup routine (and when I hit my server it's via KVM to set it up so it's like sitting at an actual system).

But I'd wait on @MattW to reply since he's set one of their servers up.
I've never set one of these servers up like this before. I'm using their default OS install as provided by them on my servers.

When I had servers at OVH *cringe* I use to put the server in rescue mode and do all the custom configuration that way via SSH

Well, that shoots that down. They went from a 120 second setup to 72 hours. Not going to wait 72 hours to get something to play with. ;)

Much like @MattW, I usually accept the system defaults. Although one time I did have the option to manually configure the partition and I did it the same way I configure my home PC .... 2gb swap and everything else on the same partition. That worked completely fine for me.

The menu selection you have in your photo... I've never done before. Sorry.

Top Bottom