Visible sub forums support for mobile devices

audiokid

I have a lot of sub-forums and cannot see them on the front page via drop down menu on my iphone 6+. Will this be supported in 2.0?

No, it isn't supported in XF2 out of the box, but they are only hidden with CSS so it would take very little to actually show them. In XF2 you could just edit the node_list.less template and change this:
Less:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveNarrow)
{
    .node-subNodeMenu
    {
        display: none;
    }
}
To:
Less:
{
    .node-subNodeMenu
    {
        // display: none;
    }
}
Or you could just remove that bit of code, or you could just override it in extra.less or similar.

I'm fairly sure it would be just as trivial in XF1 too.

No, it isn't supported in XF2 out of the box, but they are only hidden with CSS so it would take very little to actually show them. In XF2 you could just edit the node_list.less template and change this:
Less:
{
    .node-subNodeMenu
    {
    }
}
To:
Less:
{
    .node-subNodeMenu
    {
        // display: none;
    }
}
Or you could just remove that bit of code, or you could just override it in extra.less or similar.

I'm fairly sure it would be just as trivial in XF1 too.
Tried this but it didn’t work. D61214A1-A8D9-48D0-94A0-3D73C0820FE6.webp

Subforum links

In XF2 this will remove the font awesome icon and also show subforums in responsive. Note you must select the following:

Admin control panel -> Appearance -> Style properties -> Node/forum list -> Sub-forums display style -> Listed below node

CSS:
// remove sub node fa

.subNodeLink.subNodeLink--forum::before, .subNodeLink.subNodeLink--category::before {
}

// add subforum links to responsive

@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveMedium) {
    .node-subNodesFlat {
        display: inline-block;
    }
}

Subforum links

In XF2 this will remove the font awesome icon and also show subforums in responsive. Note you must select the following:

Admin control panel -> Appearance -> Style properties -> Node/forum list -> Sub-forums display style -> Listed below node

CSS:
// remove sub node fa

.subNodeLink.subNodeLink--forum::before, .subNodeLink.subNodeLink--category::before {
}

// add subforum links to responsive

@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveMedium) {
    .node-subNodesFlat {
        display: inline-block;
    }
}

Thanks Andy,

If I may be Mr. Pedantic, it could possibly be more correct to define an ovveride to the default (non responsive) value with display: initial;

Using this means to you have to even bother looking up the initial value you are overriding, it just reveryts to that display, whatever it may be.

Top Bottom