XF 2.1 VIRUS !!!! !!

PhillipW

The file you uploaded, xenforo_2.1.10-Patch-2 contains a virus so the upload was canceled: YARA.blackhole_basic.UNOFFICIAL FOUND

Last edited:
Solution
An UNOFFICIAL FOUND detection means it is a heuristic based detection and not a signature based detection. The problem is your host has configured their upload virus scanner to be much too sensitive.

Tell them to sort it or find a new host is the basic solution.
Yeah...I can download IPB UBB or V Bulletin and not having a problem...I will try and re-download Xenforo from here then try and upload it agian to the server....May have picked up a glitch or something on that first one.

There is no way the XF staff would have a virus in the zip.
I totally disagree on this. Although I am sure XF staff will do everything possible to protect against viruses or malware, this is something that could always happen. There are many examples of this, although I don't think it ever happend over here.
For example, the download location could be compromised at some point allowing a hacker to modify the archive.
Just saying there is no way this will happen with XF is ********.

Reactions: arn
I totally disagree on this. Although I am sure XF staff will do everything possible to protect against viruses or malware, this is something that could always happen. There are many examples of this, although I don't think it ever happend over here.
For example, the download location could be compromised at some point allowing a hacker to modify the archive.
Just saying there is no way this will happen with XF is ********.

Im sure they have measures in place to mitigate such actions.

Top Bottom