VigLink

VigLink 2018-07-26

No permission to download
I have tried to limit the usergroups which see the Viglink "Inserts" using the selections within the add-on. It does not block un-selected groups from seeing the links, the only way for me to shut off the links is to do it globally on the Viglink website. Is there something I'm missing here?

Where have I been. This addon looks to be exactly what we need. I still on xenforo 1.5 . Is this this add-on still working.

Does this support custom fields?

i.e. if I want to turn a custom field into a viglink, would this be possible?
I am not interested in turning content text into affiliate links. Just custom fields, because I believe this to be more effective for my big board.

I am already using custom fields to display 'buy' buttons with affiliate links. (Using xenforo value display html function)
It would be nice to use viglink for this.

Alfa1, if you place a standard retail link in any of your custom fields, we will automatically turn it into an affiliate link when someone clicks on it.

Brian Lovett updated VigLink with a new update entry:

Enabled User Group options to Disabled User Groups

It had been brought to my attention that how my user groups options were set up that it would not work as intended.

This newest update uses the inverse of the original options, so now you choose the user groups that you want to disable VigLink Insert or VigLink Convert for. So please make sure to double check your options for which User Groups are disabled.

Here's a quick example of where the original options would not have worked correctly. If you had a User that was in both Registered...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Brian Lovett -- what is "VigLink for posts"

Do you mean "Disable VigLink for posts by User Group"?

Basically, that option will disable VigLink for posts by that User Group, this was a requested feature. For instance if you have a Sponsor User Group that you don't want to affiliate their posts you would select them in that option. Any post authored by that User Group will not be affiliated with VigLink. It will only affect those posts.

Do you mean "Disable VigLink for posts by User Group"?

Basically, that option will disable VigLink for posts by that User Group, this was a requested feature. For instance if you have a Sponsor User Group that you don't want to affiliate their posts you would select them in that option. Any post authored by that User Group will not be affiliated with VigLink. It will only affect those posts.

Thanks Brian

Alfa1, if you place a standard retail link in any of your custom fields, we will automatically turn it into an affiliate link when someone clicks on it.
Does this mean that it's possible to only affect custom fields without affecting posts?

Top Bottom