VigLink

VigLink 2018-07-26

No permission to download
I did notice that Brain said...
From there, we crawl each page of your site 'after' it is accessed.
So I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I took it to imply that once a user has viewed a page that act triggers VigLink Insert to do it's thing for the page.

FWIW, we have no Insert data either yet.

That's correct, this is to help you monetize your forum. We turn ordinary commercial links to retailers into links that earn you money (our Convert Product). There is also an option to insert new links by highlighting words or phrases on the page (our Insert product).

Adult sites are typically ok, there may be some retailers that chose not to display links on your site because of that.

Viglink (convert) works by taking a link one of your members posts and making it an affiliate link --- thus giving you a commission when someone buys something that was linked to on your forum.
Viglink (insert) is a different program they offer which replaces certain keywords found in posts with links to products related to those keywords.

So for example... If one of your users posts a link to an ebay auction, and another member comes along, clicks that link and buys the item... you would get a commission.

However -- on an adult site, I cant imagine a lot of links to ebay items on your site. So I would question whether you could make much if anything due to that fact.

To the contrary, eBay has a segregated Adult Only Category, so @Glockie should be capable of having a plethora of links to adult items there.(Ref: How to find the Mature Audience Section on eBay.)

Thanks for this information all, I appreciate it.
Whether or not I can try this is something else. Best do some homework ;)

I have something logged with support however haven't heard back.

Moved from vB to XenForo, installed the VigLink, added the code, ticked some usergroups but it claims not to be on the site?

What am I missing?

I have something logged with support however haven't heard back.

Moved from vB to XenForo, installed the VigLink, added the code, ticked some usergroups but it claims not to be on the site?

What am I missing?
If you mean you have using the Check Your Installation in the Manage Install section on the Viglink website, I have never got this to work (I don't use this add-on, I have put the Viglink code in the PAGE_CONTAINER template just above </body>) but I know that it's working on my site.

Thanks for that I'll give that a try.

That's exactly what I meant though, doesn't work for me as an add on that's for sure.

If you mean you have using the Check Your Installation in the Manage Install section on the Viglink website, I have never got this to work (I don't use this add-on, I have put the Viglink code in the PAGE_CONTAINER template just above </body>) but I know that it's working on my site.
Just thought I'd report back, the VigLink addin doesn't work, however this post by Martok certainly did the trick!

VigLink support is unfortunately extremely slow so great to have guys like this to help when the need arises.

The installation checker may not detect the plugin, but the add on should work just fine. Please let me know if you have questions about it and I can help out directly.

It has not been tested with that feature enabled. I will add it to our test suite as an option to verify.
Has this been tested? I can't disable the link proxy and I would like to give Viglink a try.
I tried another company before but that wasn't working with the link proxy.

I have Ebay RSS on my forum. The RSS creates ebay rover links. The "Bid Now", "Add to watch list" or "Continue reading..." should direct the user to ebay but instead they resolve to Viglink site. Obviously I want the user to go to ebay to see the item... How can this be fixed?

My Viglink Options in the Admin panel:
  • VigLink Key is populated
  • Convert User Groups are all checked
  • Insert User Groups are all unchecked

I have Ebay RSS on my forum. The RSS creates ebay rover links. The "Bid Now", "Add to watch list" or "Continue reading..." should direct the user to ebay but instead they resolve to Viglink site. Obviously I want the user to go to ebay to see the item... How can this be fixed?

My Viglink Options in the Admin panel:
  • VigLink Key is populated
  • Convert User Groups are all checked
  • Insert User Groups are all unchecked

Hi, right now eBay is having us run a test where eBay links get diverted to another destination. The test is running for two more weeks, and we hope as a result to get an increased commission rate through eBay. Once the test is finished, your clicks should route to eBay properly once again. Also note that eBay is still paying us for those clicks during the test.

Thanks @Brian Lovett. In that case I'll enable it only for non-registered users because I don't want to confuse the registered members. Please post back when the eBay Test is finished so we can turn it on for all groups.

What exactly does Insert User Groups function do?

The installation checker may not detect the plugin, but the add on should work just fine. Please let me know if you have questions about it and I can help out directly.

I'm getting this when trying to install

Callback VigLink_Listener::insertVigLinkCode is invalid (Invalid Class).

I wonder if you caught us during a deployment. Can you check it again and see if you have the same error? Thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom