XF 2.1 Views counter not working on certain forums / threads?

ck2020

Would there be a reason that the views would keep increasing in one thread or one forum, but in another staying the same?

When I researched this, I see stuff about cron jobs, but mine is enabled, do I need to run this manually?

Anything else I can do? Strange that it's not the same across the board.

AdminCP >> Forums >> Nodes >> click on node not being counted

Scroll down to Navigation: section

Make sure that Count messages posted in this forum toward user total is checked

Last edited:
@djbaxter Message count is unrelated to view count.

@ck2020 Is it all threads in a specific forum, or just some?
Can you post links?
They are definitely working in some places or seem to be. I noticed some threads that were just started a few days ago and have a lot more views than the day before. However, I dont know if it's supposed to work dynamically like when you go to a thread for the first time and then go back out and refresh the page and look at the views and it should have increased by one or not? If it is supposed to then I know it's not working as intended in some places.

Here is one place (Journals):

Those views don't seem to be increasing, or at least for sure not increasing right then and there when you test it.

Specifically, this thread:

It seems to be stuck at 27k for views. I noticed another thread somewhere that was at 27k views too, is that a max cap possibly set somewhere? Also, is there a setting where i can change it to exact number like 27. 321 or whatever it may be?

Thank in advance for any help / advice!

I suspect if you switch to actual values you will see the count is increasing.

Edit the following phrases as shown to switch to standard long number format.

View attachment 217525 View attachment 217526 View attachment 217527
Thanks for that, I like seeing the real number values!

But if you go into one of them to view it, then go back to the main Journals page, and refresh, the number is still the same. Is that because it doesn't update the views until it runs a cron at night? Or should it happen immediately?

Thanks again!

Top Bottom