Fixed Viewing unknown page upon landing on a page

JoyFreak

Affected version
At first I thought it might just be my board and that I needed to do some testing before I reported. So after disabling all add-ons and testing on XF default theme, I was still getting the same issue. So then I decided to test it on here and same thing.

When a user lands on a page it shows as "Viewing unknown page". Best example, is to log out and open the XenForo forums on a new page and sign-in, then check the online page, upon signing in, it shows "Viewing unknown page" on online users list. This is one example. I've also seen it happen on article thread types. I would share a link, someone would click it and it would show "Viewing as unknown page" rather than telling me what thread they are on.

p.s opened a private window and visited my site and checked online users and it says the same thing. Seems to happen when you first land on whatever page.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.1).

Change log:
Ensure that service worker offline caching does not trigger session activity updates (or various other assertions)
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Good spot, this has had me head scratching for a little while. I thought it was something specific to my installation.

This is still happening on my forum. Even Google it says viewing unknown page. Not sure where to go from here but the bug may not of been fixed.

Top Bottom