XF 1.2 Viewing members card

tommydamic68

If I'm not mistaken- i used to be able to view the members card while viewing my site as a guest...have I gone mad?

If I'm not mistaken- i used to be able to view the members card while viewing my site as a guest...have I gone mad?
You're not mad / crazy. By default you should be able to view the member cards as a guest.

Unless you have changed something. There is an add-on that ads such a permission setting to disable or enable this.

I am sorry, perhaps I misunderstood, @Adam Howard - are you saying there is no option to turn this on or off in the Xenforo core without an add on? I have no such add on that would turn this feature off. Here is what I get when clicking on a members card as a guest.

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.22.27 PM.webp

Last edited:
OK. Let me try to be as clear as possible.

By default, XenForo has no setting that would prevent a guest from seeing a members card on a public forum. That is to say, be default, you should be able to see a member card.

Only some sort of customization or add-on that you have added would change this.

Just updated to the latest version Xenforo 1.2.4 and Xengallery. Turned off Xengallery - still not working...
Keep going through your add-ons. You may also add this into your config.php file to disable them all

PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

If that doesn't help....

You have A LOT of edits on your site and personal customizations. It maybe time you review them.

Keep going through your add-ons. You may also add this into your config.php file to disable them all

PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

If that doesn't help....

You have A LOT of edits on your site and personal customizations. It maybe time you review them.
Yeah - an add on of sorts...I do hate add ons at times...Time to get to work.

Top Bottom