View Sticky Threads

View Sticky Threads 2.0.5

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

View Stick Threads - Allows Stickies to be visible in a forum without "View threads by others".

Allows Stickies to be visible in a forum without "View threads by others".

Introduces 1 new permissions:
  • View sticky threads

Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a Github Pull request via the "More Information" link.

Contibutions

If you appreciate this addon, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.

Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.

Read more about this resource...

He is probably referring to the text below the progress bars. It says the files have a virus.
False positive, I'm baffled at how it is being triggered.

It doesn't have any javascript which normally triggers that sort of thing. This is a really trivial add-on, some XML, json and very simple php.

it seem i need "View threads by others" permission in order to use View Sticky Thread because i set "View threads by others" to never and it don't let me view sticky thread is this a glitch?

I'll need to investigate how the 'never' is interacting, but it is fine in my development environment with a user lacking the "View threads by others" permission in a forum with the "View Sticky Threads" permission.

In generally, I recommend not using "never" because it can interact unexpectedly.

Please use the analyse permissions function to inspect the actual permissions of the user when viewing that forum

I just switch it to "No" and it cannot access sticky threads i do see it's there but once i click on it it said "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

here a screenshot of my analyse permissions 56ffe318dd6e92d5e5d3a91542c83ea8.webp

Here is a configuration which is working for my dev enviroment;
1519216391778.webp

In the next day or so I'll try disabling all my add-on's but this one to see if it is something weird with my dev stack.

Weird... only way i can get it too work is to switch "Yes" too View threads by others
here a GIF i made me tryin to get it too work https://gyazo.com/7232b706212a043195ce6e07b1be1464
and also i had tried somewhat your configuration and toying around with yes/no all around i been tho this an 2 hours now
I am really confuse what i am doing wrong

EDIT: i haven't had this issue before with XF1

Last edited:
Weird... only way i can get it too work is to switch "Yes" too View threads by others
here a GIF i made me tryin to get it too work https://gyazo.com/7232b706212a043195ce6e07b1be1464
and also i had tried somewhat your configuration and toying around with yes/no all around i been tho this an 2 hours now
I am really confuse what i am doing wrong

EDIT: i haven't had this issue before with XF1
It is working even with all other add-ons disabled, do you have any other add-ons installed? I would be interested in figuring out how add-on is failing to work

it seem i need "View threads by others" permission in order to use View Sticky Thread because i set "View threads by others" to never and it don't let me view sticky thread is this a glitch?
Just a dumb question, but did you sticky the threads you want view-able by everyone?

I only had 3 add-on including this one i disabled the others and it didn't seem to fix the issue, another thing is i had update this and it didn't fix it
i have the thread sticky and locked, my xenforo version is at v2.0.2,

This add-on doesn't do anything if you have the "View threads by others" permission in a forum. It only does something meaningful if
  1. you have sticky threads in a forum
  2. you do not have the "View threads by others" permission
  3. you have the "View Sticky Threads" permission
Are you able to switch your site into debug mode, and confirm the add-on is loaded by checking the list of files loaded when viewing a forum? There should be multiple files with SV/ViewStickyThread in their path name

Top Bottom