View Own Warnings [Deleted]

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

View Own Warnings - Lets Users view thier own warnings, and optionally who gave them.

Allow users to view their own warnings, and find which posts where warned.

New Permission to control if a user can see who infracted them.
  • View Warning Issuer.
Respects the "View Warning Details" permission for viewing warning notes.

If you appreciate this addon, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via conversation.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
is there an option to drop the curtain and allow all warnings to be seen by all members?
my second biggest issue with the xf system is the stasi-styled secret warn/ban system.

Can you post some screenshots of this? I might be interested, depending on how it looks like.
It is the stock XenForo Warning tab that users with the "View Warning Details" can see.

The difference is that users will see slightly less information on the "view" link. Such as removing the private notes field, and who issued the warning.

is there an option to drop the curtain and allow all warnings to be seen by all members?
my second biggest issue with the xf system is the stasi-styled secret warn/ban system.
That exists in Stock XenForo, it is the "View Warning Details" permission. However, this would allow members to view any notes field.

If you are interested, I can add the permission to toggle if a user group is permitted to view the note field.

It is the stock XenForo Warning tab that users with the "View Warning Details" can see.

The difference is that users will see slightly less information on the "view" link. Such as removing the private notes field, and who issued the warning.

That exists in Stock XenForo, it is the "View Warning Details" permission. However, this would allow members to view any notes field.

If you are interested, I can add the permission to toggle if a user group is permitted to view the note field.
awesome! i have only recently switched from an infraction system addon.

Reactions: Xon
It would be awesome if you implement an appeal system as suggested here.
I'm hoping to revisit this in January.

The idea would be an "Appeal" button, which loaded a form.

This form would post/report on the user's behalf probably pre-pending a bunch of info such as the warning and the original post (were relevant).

It would require configuration for if posting to a forum, or reporting. Plus user groups for who is allowed todo it.

Quick suggestion:

If the user does not have permission to view the content, display a nonlinked thread title instead of (N/A).

Quick suggestion:

If the user does not have permission to view the content, display a nonlinked thread title instead of (N/A).
That is actually the default XenForo behaviour, part of the issue is what do you do if the content title is what was hidden?

Still showing the issuer!
Have you checked the user's permissions?

If they have "View Warning Issuer" permission somehow, they can see it. And the "View Warning Details" is a moderator permission, which lets them see all warning details as is strictly more powerful than the "View Warning Issuer" permission.

:edit: Wrong permission name; "View Warning" -> "View Warning Details"

Last edited:
View Warning Issuer is disabled. Does not matter. When I enable View Warning Details, the issuer can be seen clearly.

Here:

rapor.webp

Last edited:
@Recep Baltaş Have you given them the "View Warning Details" permission? This addon adds the implicit permission that users can see their own warnings, and you do not want to add extra permissions.

The "View Warning Details" permission is really a moderator only permission. I likely will need to rename/alter "View Warning Issuer" to be clearer on what it does.

There is "View Warning Details" permission only and I have disabled it since when I enable it, they can see the issuer (Even if the View Warning Issuer is Disabled). There is no "View Warning" permission.

There is "View Warning Details" permission only and I have disabled it since when I enable it, they can see the issuer (Even if the View Warning Issuer is Disabled). There is no "View Warning" permission.
Can you check that the template modifications for warning_info are applying?

You can see this under admin.php -> Appearance -> template modifications, look for warning_info. There should be 2 template modifications from my addon. They need to both be green for this addon to work.

Top Bottom