View Own Warnings [Deleted]

@Recep Baltaş Can you do "Analyze Permissions" on the user?

If they have the permissions "View warning issuer" under General Permissions, or "View warning details" under "General Moderator Permissions" then they will be able to see the issuer of a warning.

Testing Permissions sometimes doesn't work correctly, when checking the User ID for resource ownership.

Did it. "View warning issuer" is disabled. "View warning details" is also disabled. If I enable it, they can see the issuer which they should not be.

Did it. "View warning issuer" is disabled. "View warning details" is also disabled. If I enable it, they can see the issuer which they should not be.
So it is working correctly then?

I'm using this addon in the configuration where users can not see the warning issuer, and my normal account can't see the user who issued an infraction from a couple of years before I became a staff member.

How this addon prevents the warning issuer's username from being shown is very straight forward. Especially as you have a screenshot of the warning_info template being patched.

The template modification literally just hardcoding a permission check for the current visitor into the template around the username. This checks that the visiting user has the "View warning issuer" permission or the "View warning details" permission. If this check passes, then it shows the username, otherwise the phrase "WarningStaff".

Last edited:
I've replaced by this addon and my Alert On Warning addon with the following addon: Warning Improvements by Xon.

The addons I release are ultimately developed for SB & SV, and I maintain free support for them as long as they are used by those sites. These addons will remain free addons with a permissive licence and will not be deleted.

Top Bottom