1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View Own Warnings [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Xon, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Xon submitted a new resource:

View Own Warnings - Lets Users view thier own warnings, and optionally who gave them.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    Nevil and dethfire like this.
  2. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

Much much needed. Unbelievable that XF doesn't have this in their core.

Nevil and Xon like this.
  3. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

Can you post some screenshots of this? I might be interested, depending on how it looks like.

4. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I believe this allows members to see their own Warnings tab on their profiles.

Xon likes this.
  5. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

is there an option to drop the curtain and allow all warnings to be seen by all members?
    my second biggest issue with the xf system is the stasi-styled secret warn/ban system.

6. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

It is the stock XenForo Warning tab that users with the "View Warning Details" can see.

The difference is that users will see slightly less information on the "view" link. Such as removing the private notes field, and who issued the warning.

That exists in Stock XenForo, it is the "View Warning Details" permission. However, this would allow members to view any notes field.

If you are interested, I can add the permission to toggle if a user group is permitted to view the note field.

7. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

awesome! i have only recently switched from an infraction system addon.

Xon likes this.
  8. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

It would be awesome if you implement an appeal system as suggested here.

9. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to revisit this in January.

The idea would be an "Appeal" button, which loaded a form.

This form would post/report on the user's behalf probably pre-pending a bunch of info such as the warning and the original post (were relevant).

It would require configuration for if posting to a forum, or reporting. Plus user groups for who is allowed todo it.

imthebest likes this.
  10. jazz_aaf

jazz_aaf Active Member

Quick suggestion:

If the user does not have permission to view the content, display a nonlinked thread title instead of (N/A).

11. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

That is actually the default XenForo behaviour, part of the issue is what do you do if the content title is what was hidden?

12. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Xon updated View Own Warnings with a new update entry:

Minor code cleanup

Read the rest of this update entry...

kontrabass likes this.
  13. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Does it also show Thread Bans in the tab?

14. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

No, but it would be nice to show active threadbans per user somewhere.

15. Recep Baltaş

Recep Baltaş Well-Known Member

Still showing the issuer!

16. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Have you checked the user's permissions?

If they have "View Warning Issuer" permission somehow, they can see it. And the "View Warning Details" is a moderator permission, which lets them see all warning details as is strictly more powerful than the "View Warning Issuer" permission.

:edit: Wrong permission name; "View Warning" -> "View Warning Details"

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  17. Recep Baltaş

View Warning Issuer is disabled. Does not matter. When I enable View Warning Details, the issuer can be seen clearly.

Here:

rapor.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  18. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@Recep Baltaş Have you given them the "View Warning Details" permission? This addon adds the implicit permission that users can see their own warnings, and you do not want to add extra permissions.

The "View Warning Details" permission is really a moderator only permission. I likely will need to rename/alter "View Warning Issuer" to be clearer on what it does.

19. Recep Baltaş

There is "View Warning Details" permission only and I have disabled it since when I enable it, they can see the issuer (Even if the View Warning Issuer is Disabled). There is no "View Warning" permission.

20. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Can you check that the template modifications for warning_info are applying?

You can see this under admin.php -> Appearance -> template modifications, look for warning_info. There should be 2 template modifications from my addon. They need to both be green for this addon to work.