1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

view count not changing

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Denny Crane, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Member

I recently migrated a 3.5M post/25K poster site from vB4 to xenforo. One of the users pointed out that the Views: number/counter isn't changing on the site for any of the threads. And there's plenty of traffic in those threads.

upload_2015-1-2_21-17-56.png

After preliminary research, there's a cron job that needs to run that's triggered by javascript client, deferred.php. I looked in the admin/cron settings and the counter update job was scheduled to run once an hour. I changed it to run once a minute. It sure looks like it's being run once a minute.. I've loaded deferred.php via URL directly dozens of times.

The counters do not change.

xenforo 1.4

Please advise me what can be wrong?

There were 100 rows in the xf_thread_view table. As I finish this post there are 313.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you verify this with add-ons disabled?

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Member

I guess I clicked the checkboxes to disable the plugins too quickly and got this:

upload_2015-1-3_7-41-35.png

4. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Member

Since disabling the plugins, I have visited this thread about 10 times:

upload_2015-1-3_7-44-22.png

My cron setting is for every minute to run the update thread counts job, but it seems to have reset itself to once an hour. In any case, I selected "run" from the pull down menu in admincp:

upload_2015-1-3_7-46-21.png

Reload the forum page:

upload_2015-1-3_7-46-49.png

16 minutes ago vs. 13 minutes ago.

Thanks for looking at this.

5. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Member

Sorry, but the cron setting was not reset. The cron job is running every minute.

upload_2015-1-3_7-53-1.png

Next Run is changing each minute.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The cron task for thread views is this one:

upload_2015-1-3_15-57-2.png

Is that running?

Adam K M likes this.
  7. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Member

Now I feel stupid :)

Thanks.