Videos in Signature

presidentYT

Ok I've used the search function and have looked all over the site.. but I haven't found an answer yet..

I'm curious if it's possible to have a video in the sig, like a youtube video but have it be a different size from the default settings..

Like if you post a video in the post.. it may be set to be 500x250

But I would want the sig to be 200x150...
Is this possible..

It's possible but I wouldn't suggest it. I think it could cause a lot of lag... Why not grab a thumbnail of the image and when click it will go to the video?

It's possible but I wouldn't suggest it. I think it could cause a lot of lag... Why not grab a thumbnail of the image and when click it will go to the video?
I'm not really worried about the lag.. just curious how to set this up.. I tried setting restrictions for the sig to limit media size.. the only problem was that the video would stay normal size in the restriction.. so it would be 500xwhatever in a 140x250 box, making the video not playable

I'm not really worried about the lag.. just curious how to set this up.. I tried setting restrictions for the sig to limit media size.. the only problem was that the video would stay normal size in the restriction.. so it would be 500xwhatever in a 140x250 box, making the video not playable
You should probably paste the code you used so we can investigate :)

I've tried a few variations of this.. I even tried to add . .bbCodeMedia ... not working so far
Code:
.message .signature {
max-height: 150px;
overflow-x: hidden !important;
overflow-y: hidden !important;
}
Well this specifically controls the signature area itself, not the content within. You'll have to write an extra few elements to control images and embedded content.

This may not be correct but to control the embedded objects (embed, iframe, object, media, etc)
.message .signature .embed {
width: 300px !important;
height: 150px !important; }

and for images
.message .signature .img {
max-width: 500px;
}

Well this specifically controls the signature area itself, not the content within. You'll have to write an extra few elements to control images and embedded content.

This may not be correct but to control the embedded objects (embed, iframe, object, media, etc)
.message .signature .embed {
width: 300px !important;
height: 150px !important; }

and for images
.message .signature .img {
max-width: 500px;
}
ok thanks.. ill tray that out and see how it works..

Well embed may not be the correct element/id/class whatever for the youtube video. You can use firebug to figure that out.

Maybe it's .iframe isntead of .embed

-edit -
Someone beat me to it.

In EXTRA.css

Code:
.signature iframe {
    height: 150px !important;
    width: 267px !important;
}

users can then align the video with bbcode controls in the editor

Awesome..that did the trick..
Well embed may not be the correct element/id/class whatever for the youtube video. You can use firebug to figure that out.

Maybe it's .iframe isntead of .embed

-edit -
Someone beat me to it.

I appreciate all the help you have give.. thanks bro

Top Bottom